AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Marantz SR5005 AVR with two MA500 monoblock amps. One of the amp D-BUS inputs is connected to the Remote Control OUT on the SR5005, and the bus system switch is set to 2, per the Marantz directions (because the AVR has separate on/off buttons on the remote). The two MA500s are connected via the D-BUS in/outs.

When powering the SR5005 AVR on, the two amps power up at the same time. When pressing standby on the AVR remote, the SR5005 turns off but the two amps do not. If I press standby again, that will trigger them to go to standby.

What am I doing wrong here? I have tried both "bus system" settings. Setting 1 doesn't power them up/down at all. Setting 2 only seems to power them on with the AVR.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have tried just about everything I can think of, including some clever tricks in my Harmony remote to overcome this. No dice. I still have to double-press "standby" for this to work.

I'm going to call Marantz tomorrow but I suspect they won't do much since both the AVR and amps are older and out of warranty. I'm pretty frustrated by the whole thing.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did a hard reset of the SR5005. Problem persists. I talked to Marantz and they said the amps probably need to go in for service. I am still open to suggestions on this.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: tried to resolve this by using an old Marantz RC 2000 remote but the result is the same. Still willing to entertain suggestions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts