AVS Forum banner

2161 - 2180 of 2188 Posts

·
Premium Member
90,340 Posts
Welp, I now almost consistently get an error "Connection failed 25" when I try to update the firmware. As per this thread I can assume my upgrade chances are shot? Or is there a more resetting reset other than the microchip/network reset?
If doing a few Network resets in a row as well as rebooting the modem/router doesn't resolve the issue, try using a different modem/router.

·
Registered
253 Posts
If doing a few Network resets in a row as well as rebooting the modem/router doesn't resolve the issue, try using a different modem/router.

Resets (5 in a row) don't change anything. As far as the network infrastructure goes, I'm in a small corporate network so I'll have to try that last resort in a different location when I get the chance. However, I tend to try to become at peace with the situation seeing as it seemingly does what I bought it for...

Thanks for the help though. And if I succeed I'll provide feedback here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Marantz SR5006/5008 HDMI PCB ASSY

Hello , I have a question that maybe if there is some technician in the room , can answer .
The HDMI PCB ASSY of a Marantz SR5006 receiver is in anyway compatible with the one of a SR5008 ? The components of the first board can be use to repair the second one ?
Hope some one can help.
Thanks !

·
Premium Member
90,340 Posts
Hello , I have a question that maybe if there is some technician in the room , can answer .
The HDMI PCB ASSY of a Marantz SR5006 receiver is in anyway compatible with the one of a SR5008 ? The components of the first board can be use to repair the second one ?
Hope some one can help.
Thanks !
AFAIK, both are HDMI 1.4 boards so should be compatible to some degree.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Are modern models just as good amp wise? SR6012 in particular. Or have they gone downhill or cheaped out?
What would owners here get as a replacement in the current market.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm looking into 4K projector, and since my Marantz SR6006 only supports hdmi 1.4a. Has anyone used an HDCP2.2 splitter to split the video signal to go to a 4K projector which supports HDCP2.2, and then another hdmi to split the audio to go straight to the AVR and have it word that way?

So example:

4K device (Nvidia Shield/Xbox One S/X) => (some HDCP2.2 splitter) => out to the following:
  1. 4K projector (HDCP2.2)
  2. Marantz SR6006 (or any other AVR with only support for HDMI 1.4a)

This way I can get a 4K projector and skip on purchasing a 4K AVR HDCP2.2 compatible device in the meantime?

TIA! And of course, it doesn't have to be a Marantz SR6006, but any AVR that only supports HDMI 1.4a.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Anyone have issues with the AUTO Sensing for the audio formats ie: Stereo / Dolby Digital ETC... Recently my receiver will not play any sound when it encounters 2 channel tv shows. It use to AUTO put it on Stereo now when this happens all i hear is the subwoofer and no sound. I have to then manually switch to Dolby Pro Logic II etc. If its 5.1 it works fine, This has worked for years and just started doing this and its not the souce cause my Tivo and Xbox do the same thing when going through the receiver.

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sr6006 won’t stay on

Last night my SR6006 shut off in the middle of playback of a show and today it won’t stay on for longer than 3 or 4 seconds. The red standby light continues to blink. I have tried to reset the microprocessor and it does not solve the issue? Any idea if this is a fixable issue? Is it time for a repair or a new receiver? I have unplugged all speakers and components and it still wont stay on.

·
Premium Member
90,340 Posts
Last night my SR6006 shut off in the middle of playback of a show and today it won’t stay on for longer than 3 or 4 seconds. The red standby light continues to blink. I have tried to reset the microprocessor and it does not solve the issue? Any idea if this is a fixable issue? Is it time for a repair or a new receiver? I have unplugged all speakers and components and it still wont stay on.
If the AVR is shutting off in protection mode with nothing connected to it, that generally indicates amp failure. As a last resort, do at least 3-4 microprocessor resets in a row. If still no joy, then you're likely better served upgrading to a more current model rather than putting the money into repair.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, im not sure if you can help. Not sure if the issue i have is with my receiver (SR 6006) being old or Apple Tv4k begin weird.

I have an Apple TV4k, and i have a subwoofer connected to my receiver via LFE. Every time i browse movies/series in the Netflix app i get a loud popping sound from my Subwoofer. This also occurs when starting a movie in other apps. its, like the LFE turns on and off between when i browse and netflix starts playing trailers. i have tried to remove the LFE and only connect the sub on high level output to my fronts only. Then there's no popping. Also i have no issues when doing the same things on a PS4.
Only time it pos is when i turn off the PS4 before the receiver.

Anyone heard of a problem like this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am new here.
I have a Marantz SR 6006 and would like to ask you how to set it up for staying in standby after a power outage.
Thank you

leslaci

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is no setup. If the unit is in standby and the power goes out, IIRC, the unit simply goes off.
Oh, sorry, I was not clear probably. When the power comes back ( last night also happened ) the Marantz switched on automatically. This is what I do not want
Thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 5006 is still running strong...if I set the Zone 2 selector to Source, can I only mirror Main zone audio if that Main source is analog?

Another way to confirm my understanding...if I have a HDMI connection from my digital cable box to the receiver, I won't be able to mirror the audio to Zone 2, correct?

·
Premium Member
90,340 Posts
My 5006 is still running strong...if I set the Zone 2 selector to Source, can I only mirror Main zone audio if that Main source is analog?

Another way to confirm my understanding...if I have a HDMI connection from my digital cable box to the receiver, I won't be able to mirror the audio to Zone 2, correct?
Correct.

The SR6006 is the lowest model that can pass PCM 2.0 over HDMI to Zone 2 independent from what is playing in the main zone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Depends. Although you can't do so while maintaining multi channel audio in the main zone, you can select ALL ZONE STEREO and while the main zone will be down mixed to stereo as well, the HDMI audio will then also pass to Zone 2.

The SR6006 is the lowest model that can pass PCM 2.0 over HDMI to Zone 2 independent from what is playing in the main zone.
Thank you for the quick response, JD. I don't see ALL ZONE STEREO as an option on the 5006 (I see reference to it online in other models like the 5009), so I think I need (in addition to the HDMI from the cable box) go out from the cable box via coax to a RCA DAC like this to get the audio in Zone 2. Sound right?

2161 - 2180 of 2188 Posts