AVS Forum banner

2181 - 2188 of 2188 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I'm trying to connect a pair of wireless headphones to my SR6006 and I'm not sure the best way to do it. The headphone transmitter can accept RCA L/R and Optical.

I'd like to be able to listen with the headphones only, meaning nothing coming from the main speakers. Is this possible and what would be the best way to connect it?

jp

·
Registered
15,007 Posts
Unfortunately, the 6006 does not have any optical outputs, only inputs.

I think you’ll have to use the AVR’s Zone 2 RCA outputs, since Zone 2 can be on while the main zone (and thus your speakers) is off. There are some limitations as to what signals can be sent to Zone 2, though. Consult the manual for details.

A zipped copy of the US manual is available for download on the Web page SR6006 7.1 ch, 770 total wattsHDMI 1.4a 7/in 2/outNetworking, AirPlay AV Receivers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,

I just got a SR6006 that has a dead front A. I could get the video but no sound from front A. Front B works fine. I got this unit for $150. The seller agree to give my money back if it doesn't work. Is there any risk to run only on Front B? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
90,340 Posts
Thank you for the quick response, JD. I don't see ALL ZONE STEREO as an option on the 5006 (I see reference to it online in other models like the 5009), so I think I need (in addition to the HDMI from the cable box) go out from the cable box via coax to a RCA DAC like this to get the audio in Zone 2. Sound right?
Oops! Yup, the ALL ZONE STEREO sound mode not introduced until the SR5008.

Therefore, you must also connect an RCA analog cable from the source to the analog audio input using the same name as the HDMI input is using.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I've got a 5006 that I've had for a few yrs, love it, its been great but I just noticed the front left channel output was much lower, quieter than the front right or center channel a few days ago. Then today I noticed the audio is distorted as well from the left. I unplugged all the speakers, plugged in the left speaker to the right channel and it sounds fine. I plugged in both the right speaker as well as the center speaker to the left channel and they both play at a much lower and distorted volume just like the left speaker did when it was plugged into that channel. So I've narrowed it down to the amp and not the speakers or the speaker wire/connections. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it going to be pretty expensive to get repaired or if it's worth it? Is it possible to repair it myself? I'm no service tech but I've got a soldering iron and a voltage meeter and know just enough around a circuit board to be dangerous lol.

·
Premium Member
90,340 Posts
Hello, I've got a 5006 that I've had for a few yrs, love it, its been great but I just noticed the front left channel output was much lower, quieter than the front right or center channel a few days ago. Then today I noticed the audio is distorted as well from the left. I unplugged all the speakers, plugged in the left speaker to the right channel and it sounds fine. I plugged in both the right speaker as well as the center speaker to the left channel and they both play at a much lower and distorted volume just like the left speaker did when it was plugged into that channel. So I've narrowed it down to the amp and not the speakers or the speaker wire/connections. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it going to be pretty expensive to get repaired or if it's worth it? Is it possible to repair it myself? I'm no service tech but I've got a soldering iron and a voltage meeter and know just enough around a circuit board to be dangerous lol.
First try doing a "soft reset" by powering off the AVR and unplugging the power cord for 10 minutes. If no change, then do a microprocessor reset (p. 140 Owner's manual).

If yet still no joy, move the Front L/R speakers from the "A" speaker posts to the "B" speaker posts and then press the "Speaker A/B" button on the remote to select the "B" speakers. You'll need to run Audyssey again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
First try doing a "soft reset" by powering off the AVR and unplugging the power cord for 10 minutes. If no change, then do a microprocessor reset (p. 140 Owner's manual).

If yet still no joy, move the Front L/R speakers from the "A" speaker posts to the "B" speaker posts and then press the "Speaker A/B" button on the remote to select the "B" speakers. You'll need to run Audyssey again.
Thank you for the pointers, unfortunately I went 0-3. Even switching to the B speaker posts the left channel is at a much lower output and the audio is distorted. It must be the entire left channel that is screwed. Is this going to be an expensive repair?

·
Premium Member
90,340 Posts
Thank you for the pointers, unfortunately I went 0-3. Even switching to the B speaker posts the left channel is at a much lower output and the audio is distorted. It must be the entire left channel that is screwed. Is this going to be an expensive repair?
Best to ask a repair facility for an estimate, but most likely at least a few hundred $$$. Might be time to consider upgrading to a more current 4k model.

2181 - 2188 of 2188 Posts