AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new HDMI receiver for my home audio / video setup. My requirements are as follows:

Must have dual HDMI output

Have at least 4HDMI inputs

Dual audio zones

My setup includes

Inside: 65" HDMI tv, 5.1 audio

Outside: 45" HDMI tv, 2.1 audio

I was recommended to look at the following 2 receivers:

Yamaha RX-V773

Marantz SR6006

Yamaha RX-V773, kind of scares me as it is a brand new receiver and not many reviews.

Marantz SR6006, appears to be a good receiver but appears to be at its end of life.

both receivers are in the $780 range

I would prefer to spend less but looking for more / better recomendations. any idea?

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Although the Yamaha is a new model, we have been using and specifying the RXV series for years and have never been dissappointed....You cannot go wrong with Yamaha.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtsu_bravo  /t/1417270/marantz-sr6006-vs-yamaha-rx-v773-or-something-else#post_22162470

I am looking for a new HDMI receiver for my home audio / video setup. My requirements are as follows:

Must have dual HDMI output

Have at least 4HDMI inputs

Dual audio zones

My setup includes

Inside: 65" HDMI tv, 5.1 audio

Outside: 45" HDMI tv, 2.1 audio

I was recommended to look at the following 2 receivers:

Yamaha RX-V773

Marantz SR6006

Yamaha RX-V773, kind of scares me as it is a brand new receiver and not many reviews.

Marantz SR6006, appears to be a good receiver but appears to be at its end of life.

both receivers are in the $780 range

I would prefer to spend less but looking for more / better recomendations. any idea?

Thanks

If sound quality is also important for you then I'd like to recommend you to look into AVRs that have Audyssey on-board. Yamahas are using parametric equalizers that are the technology of the 20th century. Room correction has come a long way ever since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts