AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SR6008 alternative that doesn't have web GUI and Sirius issues?

I have an SR6008, and I've just about had it with the software glitches, which Marantz refuses to address.

-Sirius drops every few minutes with "Server disconnect" or "Track not found" errors
-Web interface doesn't load anymore in Chrome unless I refresh it a million times (on my PC or phone)

If Marantz would work with me to resolve these, I'd be more content, but they always point the blame elsewhere - Sirius, my ISP, my router, etc. When I mentioned others have these issues, they became particularly defensive.

So...what would YOU jump ship to for a different AVR?

·
Premium Member
91,228 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You would be better served asking whether any SR6008 owners are having the same issue in the Owner's thread linked below ....

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...sr6008-sr7008-av-receiver-owner-s-thread.html

Another option would be to change the title of this thread to something like "What AVR models are not having SiriusXM connectivity issues?"
Thanks...updated thread title to be a little more descriptive.

The Sirius problem is already well documented (even Marantz acknowledges it), but there's no solution available. I think many either deal with it, or use alternatives (I use my Chromecast and the Sirius web player).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts