AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the 1803 and for the price, don't have one complaint. I would like to have a little more power and would love the 3803 but I can't find it for under $777 and just don't want to spend the money. The same dealer has the Marantz for $514. The 6th Ave site says the 3803 is now only available in-store.

Considering the fact that all I want is a little more power is the Marantz SR6300 w/100wpc vs 80 for the 1803 worth it?

BTW, I'm pushing Audax HT speakers all around (L/C/R and three in back)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Jeff, if I was you I would go for the either the 1804 or if you don't mind spending a few bucks more, the 2803. I own both, the 1803 and an older Marantz (SR5000) and although the Marantz sound is very nice, I like the Denon better.

Marantz seems a little overpriced to me.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Jeff: I briefly had a 6300 and returned it for a 2803. There are some quirky things in the Marantz such as an audio delay when switching chapters in a DVD. Mine also had an outright problem where it couldn't (or wouldn't) play the audio on original stereo or mono material (ie Best of Looney Tunes, Dr No, parts of Avia set-up). I hear that this is fixed in the 6400.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I have no problems with the 1803 I currently have, I just wanted more power! Since the 1804 and 2803 are only 10wpc more, I may go for the 3803 or just keep the 1803 a little longer. You get a lotta bang for the buck with these Denon receivers.

jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.