AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a little help with my SR7000.

What I am trying to to is hookup a liteon lvw5005 dvdr. But no matter how I connect the in/out I cannot get an image of what I am recording.

Also I have tried a vcr in the same fashion and it too has the same issue. Let me explain.

What I want to do is have the dss play through svideo to the tv and then be able to switch to vcr or ? and record the dss broadcast. So far I can get the svideo to the tv without problem and I can svideo the dvr to the vcr input of the sr7000, however when switch to vcr (dvdr) there is no signal. I can switch back to dss then start the recorder which does record but I cannot monitor the feed so I am recording blind.

Surely the sr7000 has a passthru to be able to view what you are recording. But have tried every configutation I can think of. I was able to get it to work by connecting the monitor out of the sr7000 to the svid input of the dvr but that causes a slight jitter and also forces me to have to have the dvdr on just to view the Dtv feed. I would prefer to to only turn on the dvdr when I am recording.

If I connect from dtv > dss svid in then dss svid out to dvdr svid in then vcr svid in then monitor svid out to tv all I get is a blank white screen.

Am I missing something?

Any ideas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.