AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While watching a bluray last night my SR7001 flashed PROTECTED for a second or two, then all was well. This unit was brand new when I got it a year ago. I checked my speaker wires and none are touching. This happened 5 times today too. My setup is as follows:

(2) Rear WH 2 series Wharfedales

(1) Energy CC10 center

(2) Sound Dynamics RTS-P100 powered speakers (towers)

Marantz SR7001 AV receiver

Velodyne SPL-1500R sub

KRP500M Pioneer plasma

PS3

Dish satellite receiver

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to update, I changed the surge protector and set the center channel to small. 11 straight hours of all types of programming yesterday and not a single problem. I do not want to see the word "protected" again

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie  /t/1469972/marantz-sr7001-flashed-protected#post_23251487

Note that with a dedicated subwoofer in your setup and using the AVR's amps, ALL speakers should be set to SMALL with a minimum of 80Hz crossovers to provide more headroom to the AVR.

I turned the receiver on this morning and it turned itself off right away and then the red light started to blink. I turned it back on again, and everything seems to be normal as of right now.

·
Registered
13,605 Posts
Seems either there is a problem either with your receiver or speaker wires. I knew you said you checked the speaker wires already. I'd disconnect them all at both ends and re-attach them again just to be sure because it is certainly cheaper/easier than send your receiver in for repair.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe my problem was a fault in the surge protector. It's been perfect ever since Saturday morning.........Hope all stays well

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well after 7 perfect days, it just shut off by itself and the red light started to blink. I turned it back on and if turned itself off and went into protect mode. I turned it on again for the 3rd time and it has stayed on for the past 15 minutes. Looks like I will have to take it in for service. I thought everything was fine, just the way it goes....

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just had a tech repair it. It was a ground loop. $95 fix. Hope all stays well

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just had a tech repair it. It was a ground loop. $95 fix. Hope all stays well
Im a little late here, but Ground Loop? never heard of that. I also have a SR7001. I also had the same problems you, Marantz had a bad batch of Temperature Sensors that would send the receivers into protect mode thinking they were overheating.

Bought mine from Acessories4less.com for 500.00 back in 2007. Sill raging.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im a little late here, but Ground Loop? never heard of that. I also have a SR7001. I also had the same problems you, Marantz had a bad batch of Temperature Sensors that would send the receivers into protect mode thinking they were overheating.

Bought mine from Acessories4less.com for 500.00 back in 2007. Sill raging.

Ended up selling mine for $80 2 years ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts