AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I must apologize first because I know you guys in the US are NOT going to like this. As some of you may have already read, last week I was talking to Marantz Japan on the phone about several issues I'm having with my SR7002 and DV6001. After talking on the phone, they advised that they would send someone to my house to troubleshoot. They said they'll have someone here at 4pm. So today at 4:00pm, two guys from Marantz arrived at my door. I didn't know they were going to be here on the dot. Two guys showed up. The engineer flew in from Tokyo, and the technician drove town from a city that's about 90 minutes away.

On his work order sheet, it had noted all the issues I had mentioned on the phone.

SR7002 issues

- 9dB bug

- main output from SR7002 is via HDMI. If non-HDMI was selected, video would not output (see thread http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1040800 )

DV6001

- When playing a Full Screen DVD, switching between widescreen menu and full screen movie always caused green lines artifacts to appear.

- When DV6001 is started up, it would always play 3 large buzzes.

- DVD will drop-out when using HDMI connection

Ok, so the guys walked in with their silver suitcase that read Marantz/Denon on it. Cool. They discussed my issues, I re-emulated the problem, He pulls out a laptop, and in 15 minutes, my SR7002 now has firmware Ver.H38. He advised that there are no hardware modifications, just software.

We test it out again, and several things were corrected. 9dB bug is gone. The HDMI delay-switching issue is gone. It takes about a second, and that's it. The DV6001 firmware is updated by a burned DVD. The 3 buzzes in the player are gone. I watched for an hour the Matrix Reloaded and have no dropouts at all.

Interesting this about firmware updates

After updating the DV6001, it still kept my region 0 mode.

After I updated the SR7002, everything was reset, but the main distances for the speakers were kept. Only that. Strange huh.

But either way, they came in, fixed my problem with my SR7002 and DV6001, and now I have to redo the Audyssey (no big deal). I will write more later because right now I'm very sleepy.

Good night folks. I'll write more details in the morning.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't know about the HD-DTS bomb, but I will find out next week when my friend comes over with his PS3.

·
Registered
616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioqueso /forum/post/14172478

I don't know about the HD-DTS bomb, but I will find out next week when my friend comes over with his PS3.

the ps3 decodes internally so you won't experience the BOMB. you will need a bluray player that can pass the HD-DTS Master out bitstreamed.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, then I'm sorry but I won't be able to find out for you guys then.

But that's also great news to hear because I was going to buy a PS3 as my blu-ray player.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very interesting to hear that your HDMI dropout disappeared when they updated your firmware in the DV6001. I got an update from the dealer and updated my DV6001 to the version V29.

This however didn't solve my HDMI dropout problem. I didn't even noticed an improvement.

So my question is:

Which version did you got?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts