AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm running an OPPO BDP 83 through the Marantz using the 7.1 inputs.  Watching movies sounds great.  But when I want to watch TV, I have to access the OSD, turn off the 7.1 feature to have sound go through the Marantz.  I have the TV tuner sound output hooked into the analog TV inputs in the Marantz.

Is there an easier way so that when I hit TV or DVD it just automatically configures the receiver?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding. First off, I made a mistake. My marantz model is the sr7200. There are not 71 pages of English in my manual.

In the osd main menu my options are the following:

Surround mode

Channel level

Multi rom setup

System setup

Speaker setup

Under system setup I have two options:

7ch input which I can select 7ch or off. I have selected 7ch

Tv auto which I can select disable or enable. I have selected disable because I heard that automatically turned the tv off if it didn't receive a signal.

Once I have completed that page I'm brought to the inputs for each device. For all devices I can choose Ana or dig 1-5. I have tv on Ana and DVD on dig1. I personally don't think for this part it makes a difference because the 7ch selection above seems to override everything. If I want to watch tv I must access the main menu again, turn off 7ch. Then I can watch tv.

Sorry for the long explanation and the incorrect model. Hopefully you and/or someone can help. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts