AVS Forum banner

2341 - 2360 of 3554 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
sorry guys off topic, lost my wifi again after doing a hard reset ( guys on being very helpful) and backing up my settings and configuring wifi again! am i missing something? i haven't used since i set up the wifi for the third time. is it forgetting something loosing memory? pissing me off every time i want to use it turn amp on to play (ip control is on) music through my phone it aint their! (through app) and now this AVR is being replaced already lol just got the thing 2 -3 months ago even had to wait for the shipment and was on waiting list!
could it be a faulty module also?

·
Premium Member
87,932 Posts
sorry guys off topic, lost my wifi again after doing a hard reset ( guys on being very helpful) and backing up my settings and configuring wifi again! am i missing something? i haven't used since i set up the wifi for the third time. is it forgetting something loosing memory? pissing me off every time i want to use it turn amp on to play (ip control is on) music through my phone it aint their! (through app) and now this AVR is being replaced already lol just got the thing 2 -3 months ago even had to wait for the shipment and was on waiting list!
could it be a faulty module also?
Are you setting it up for Wired or Wireless network connection? Do you have have IP Control set to "ON in Standby"? Try resetting your router and doing a "network reset" of the AVR (ie. power on while holding the MOVIE/MUSIC buttons).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Are you setting it up for Wired or Wireless network connection? Do you have have IP Control set to "ON in Standby"? Try resetting your router and doing a "network reset" of the AVR (ie. power on while holding the MOVIE/MUSIC buttons).
always wireless, IP control on standby set ON, this will be my 3rd network . what am I missing?

also i cant remember does this reset/delete my auto calibration?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I was having the same exact problem with mine. I got a new and better router and the past few months its worked perfectly

·
Premium Member
87,932 Posts
always wireless, IP control on standby set ON, this will be my 3rd network . what am I missing?

also i cant remember does this reset/delete my auto calibration?
Both a "network reset" and "microprocessor reset" will reset the AVR to factory defaults and wipe out the Audyssey settings, however, you can use the Web Control feature and SAVE a copy of the config file to a laptop and then LOAD it back after doing a reset.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was having the same exact problem with mine. I got a new and better router and the past few months its worked perfectly
come to think of it i have had this modem/router for a while! maybe its due. surprised that it will effect.

Both a "network reset" and "microprocessor reset" will reset the AVR to factory defaults and wipe out the Audyssey settings, however, you can use the Web Control feature and SAVE a copy of the config file to a laptop and then LOAD it back after doing a reset.
yea just worked it out thanks i had a backup when i first done setup, got me out of trouble. But it is due for a re-calibration only done it once and wasn't happy with how i did it anyway.

possible that i switch off modem off every now and then that there could is a IP conflict or something? or it loses its IP address or something.

·
Registered
342 Posts
We have a rather large house and i was using a bottom of the line wireless n router. I upgraded to a very nice asus wireless ac router and its fantastic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! (My first post)
I need to enter with RCA 9.1 analog audio to SR7009.
Is it possible to reassign one of the L/R inputs to add to RCA input 7.1, in order to obtain a 9.1 audio input?
Or must I wait for the new model, with RCA 9.1 audio input?
Tx in advance,
G

·
Registered
550 Posts
Afraid you can't do that, input is limited to 7.1 :eek:
The 7010 will be the same, and to be honest i'm not aware of any AVR having a 9.1 analog input ...

Out of curiosity, what source do you have that generates 9.1 analog signal ???

·
Premium Member
87,932 Posts
Hi! (My first post)
I need to enter with RCA 9.1 analog audio to SR7009.
Is it possible to reassign one of the L/R inputs to add to RCA input 7.1, in order to obtain a 9.1 audio input?
Or must I wait for the new model, with RCA 9.1 audio input?
Tx in advance,
G
Sorry, but 7.1 is the best you can do.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm trying to program my Marantz remote so it can control my Oppo 103D Blu Ray player. Does anyone know the "code" for it? (It's not in the manual). Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Atmos setup

Yup. Replaced every year .... the SR7010 is due to be released in Sep/Oct.
jd,
I'm moving into a new place and planning on doing a 5.1.4 setup. I'll be upgrading from a 3311 I used with an XPA-5. I'll keep the amp, so my 5 channels are covered. Been wondering about powering the 4 ceiling speakers (not purchased yet).
Should I wait for the 7010 and use its internal amp only to power the ceiling speakers?
Or, should I get the 8802, use my XPA-5 and add another Amp for the ceilings? That seems over the top as the space isn't very large, but the 8802 seems so badass.
TIA!

·
Premium Member
87,932 Posts
jd,
I'm moving into a new place and planning on doing a 5.1.4 setup. I'll be upgrading from a 3311 I used with an XPA-5. I'll keep the amp, so my 5 channels are covered. Been wondering about powering the 4 ceiling speakers (not purchased yet).
Should I wait for the 7010 and use its internal amp only to power the ceiling speakers?
Or, should I get the 8802, use my XPA-5 and add another Amp for the ceilings? That seems over the top as the space isn't very large, but the 8802 seems so badass.
TIA!
That would be a personal call based on your budget limit as the AV8802A is the "flagship" model. The AV8802A will also get the same DTS:X upgrade as will the SR7010 later this fall.

2341 - 2360 of 3554 Posts