AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marantz sr7200, paradigm titan v3, bic f12... Getting static out of both speakers. Turned SD on and static stops but no sub either, yuck..i turned SD off and static returns but still no sub, yuck. Sub connected via RCA preout sub output. Put the receiver on the monitor and my speaker setup has changed from just the fronts set to small and sub set to yes to all speakers set to on and large, yuck. Also not able to select speakers to change them back to the way they were with the remote. Receiver also powers of on its own accord lately. This receiver has been treated with respect as well. Any glimmers of hope are much appreciated as this current situation makes me feel like I need a shower.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Does not compute.

But if you're getting computer like modem noise, clicks, chirps with the AVR just idling, DAC chips probably faulty.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Have you tried resetting the receiver's microprocessor? I would try that first and go from there.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
request reset requirements

How do I go about that.....connect it to the monitor or can it be done on the receiver?

·
Registered
422 Posts
thanks ill give it a shot...multi and a/b buttons simultaneously so say marantz web page
Look in your owner's manual, you should find it by the troubleshooting pages.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks ill give it a shot...multi and a/b buttons simultaneously so say marantz web page
ok I tried the reset....i get nothing but scratches and pops with SD direct off, with it on no sound from fronts but I can hear still trying.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is SD select for?...To clarify things a little maybe, I get static and music sometimes just static with SD direct off. I should get no sub out with SD direct on os that correct?

·
Registered
422 Posts
What is SD select for?...To clarify things a little maybe, I get static and music sometimes just static with SD direct off. I should get no sub out with SD direct on os that correct?
I am assuming when you talk about "SD direct", you are talking about Source Direct (on/off) right? if so, the owners manual states:

S. ( Source) DIRECT button
When this button is pressed, the tone control circuit is bypassed as
well as Bass Management.
Notes:
The surround mode is automatically switched to AUTO when the
source direct function is turned on.
Additionally, Speaker Configurations are fixed automatically as follow.
Front SPKR = Large
Center SPKR = Large
Surround SPKR = Large
Surround Center SPKR = Yes
Sub woofer = Yes
o SLEEP button
Set the sleep timer function with this

If you are hearing static noises, pops and no sound coming from your mains and subwoofer then sounds like your receiver has a more serious malfunction. Any marantz service centers in your area? Or, maybe is time to upgrade to a newer model. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts