AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day, Does anyone happen to have a Marantz SR8002 receiver with a PS3 Slim? I'm currently having issues when bitstreaming from the slim to my receiver when watching a Bluray movie. When i FFWD or RWD I loose picture and audio for a few seconds then it comes back. This is only when I bitstream. If I set my player to PCM all is fine. I'm inquiring to see if anyone else is having this issue.

Thanks

·
Registered
15,090 Posts
Contact Marantz about getting the firmware updated.

I can't speak specifically for the 8002, but the much newer 1501 has similar issues. Upgrading to the most recently available firmware seemed to significantly reduce the dropout duration on the 1501, although it wasn't completely eliminated.

The presumption is that the DSP performance is limited in currently available Marantz equipment. When it has to detect and decompress bitstreamed audio, it has trouble regaining HDMI sync when the signal is lost during skips. LPCM is already decompressed, making it easier for the DSP to recover after the signal loss caused by a skip. (Note that other audio effects also have to be disabled when the AVR is decompressing bitstreamed audio.)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've contacted Marantz already. The AVR already has ALL the latest firmware/hardware. I looking to see if anyone else has a similar issue. When I contacted Marantz they never heard of such issue. I video'd the drops with the PS3 and the Panny BD60 for comparison and sent it to them. All I got was interesting, we'll look into it.

Not sure what else to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts