AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
FANTASTIC (IF IT'S TRUE)!!

"Sage's FLI9200 chipset plays a significant role in the advanced video quality of the

Marantz home entertainment projectors, which feature high-definition DLP with 1280 x

720 resolution, 16:9 panel aspect ratio and 1000:1 contrast ratio. Sage's proprietary

features such as Directional Correlational Deinterlacing (DCDi(TM)), cross color

suppression and video enhancement combine to produce natural looking high-resolution

images free of coloration or motion artifacts, a difference especially visible on large

screens. The DCDi algorithm eliminates the jagged edges seen on moving angled lines in

video images."

------------------

Jim Story

Live long and Prosper

·
Registered
1,321 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,537 Posts
"FANTASTIC (IF IT'S TRUE)!!"

I wouldn't get too excited, unless value isn't important to you. Marantz charges big bucks for run-of-the-mill performance.

------------------

Noah

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
The Sage/Faroudja chips will be appearing in a large variety of units, including DVD players and projectors. Kenwood has a DVD player scheduled for release (I have seen it), and Infocus LP530 includes the Sage chips, and Infocus' new HT machine will have it as well.

I spoke to the Sage rep at the SID show a few weeks ago, and he said that they are being very aggressive about new contracts.

Their main competitors are the Genesis chip set and the Silicon Image set. From what I can tell, the Sage and SI sets are very similar on 3:2 inverse-telecine (for film material). Sage wins on video-based material (which requires a heuristic approach to scaling) and also has better color rendition.

In summary: this is not going to be a unique feature for Marantz or NEC, but should become fairly common within a year or so.

[Edited to say "Kenwood DVD player" not "Kenwood projector".]

[This message has been edited by rlsmith (edited 07-10-2001).]

·
Premium Member
25,537 Posts
rbsmith,

"Kenwood has a new projector scheduled for release (I have seen it)"

Which DLP chip? Did you see its image, or just the projector itself?

Thanks

------------------

Noah

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.