AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
any chance in getting a good link in english?

·
Banned
1,838 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spizz /forum/post/0

http://www.htprojectors.com/indexITA.asp

2nd from the top left.

Hey spero, I know you have the marantz S3 or S4 any special trick in turning off oversscan? I have the 11-s1 and Im assuming the menu is similar but on my menu the overscan is enabled and greyed out so I cant change it, im using hdmi connection any ideas?

·
Premium Member
16,981 Posts
I tried using translation programs but had no luck for some reason. The review is not yet on the US side of the site.

As of yesterday I installed the Sim HT3000 in place of my Ruby. I love it. I am seeing many benefit's to one chip design over 3 panel. Much closer to film. As far as rainbows I do not see them. You really have to look for them. They have really made progress with 1 chip technology.

funlvr1965

I hope you are enjoying your 11 S1. Im back on board now with 1 chip DLP

·
Premium Member
1,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gouger /forum/post/0

As of yesterday I installed the Sim HT3000 in place of my Ruby. I love it. I am seeing many benefit's to one chip design over 3 panel. Much closer to film. As far as rainbows I do not see them. You really have to look for them. They have really made progress with 1 chip technology.

I've been told Sim2 is now putting the more powerful lamp from the C3X Lite in the HT3000. Does yours seem brighter? Have you measured the lumens? I'd be interested to know if this has happened.

Bob

·
Premium Member
16,981 Posts
This thing is bright. I have to use a ND filter for my taste. I got use to my Ruby and it had enough brightness for my needs but this thing is 3 times as bright. Jason has all our calibration equipment and is away for training until next Thursday. I do have one crude piece of light measurement equipment but it is not accurate. I will still give it a go later and post what Im getting.

·
Banned
1,838 Posts

Quote:

I tried using translation programs but had no luck for some reason. The review is not yet on the US side of the site.

funlvr1965

I hope you are enjoying your 11 S1. Im back on board now with 1 chip DLP

Alan, today a friend and fellow AVS member came over and calibrated the Marantz 11-s1 with spyderpro, when we took measurements we were surprised to see how close to 6500 color temp the the IRE settings already were, then he made some adjustments and we hooked up his Anthem D2 ( I have the D1) to the marantz and hooked up his sony ps3 and my toshiba hda2 player to it and let it do the switching and sent out the signal at 1080p to the 11-S1, all I can say is that this combo is truly amazing, another friend of mine joined us later who is a hometheater installer and we were all blown away by the Marantz/D2/HD/PS3 player combo along with the earlier calibration, the Marantz is tack sharp and detail is stunning, so HELL YES im enjoying the Marantz, its a quality piece and I continue to be wowed by the clarity of the optics, Im outputting 1080p from the Marantz and I still cant turn off overscan though but Im hoping Marantz can answer that question for me. The HD movies we used for reference were, Ice age(bluray) League of extrordinaty gentleman(bluray-stunning) sahara in both HD& BLURAY. My next upgrade may very well be to upgrade my Anthem D1 to a D2, lossless audio is truly amazing and engaging and the D2 handles it superbly, no audio glitches,lypsinc, nada

·
Registered
998 Posts
So Alan, does this mean bye bye C3X, hello HT3000? I really liked the HT3000 but I didn't feel it did quite as well as the C3X in terms of colour and depth. Hmm, maybe I should try to hunt an ex-dem HT3000 out before I finish paying for my C3X? That is, if there is one dealer left in the UK that doesn't hate me yet.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts

Quote:

As of yesterday I installed the Sim HT3000 in place of my Ruby. I love it. ...

Must be nice to be the CEO of a Home Theater business

·
Premium Member
16,981 Posts
I really do not change projectors all that often. The older I get I just want to watch a movie on my system without my room constantly being torn apart. Jason still enjoys checking out all the projectors.

I loved my C3X but mine had an issue and had to go in for service. During my down time I reinstalled the Ruby and Jason sold the C3X out from under me. What a salesmen.

I remember the C3X has having a lot of depth indeed but it has been to long for me to compare the two by memory but I am enjoying the HT3000. I have a good Ruby but until you see a projector completely lacking any miss convergence you do not know how much it takes away from an even better viewing experience.

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
Aaaaamen sir!

·
Premium Member
13,531 Posts
Weird that you can't disable the overscan with the 11S1. Make sure you are in "through" mode and one of the user modes. You should be able to disable then. Also, set the output on the D2 to RGB for the output colorspace, or you will clip head and toe room in the Marantz.

·
Premium Member
16,981 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Young /forum/post/0

Hi Alan, was there any convergence problem with the C3X or was that limited to the Ruby? Secondly, has Sim2 improved the brightness on the 3000 since it originally came out? Thanks Greg

Greg

Convergence on the first C3X was off a little with red. It was replaced with one that was dead on.

Jason told me I have the brighter HT3000. It is bright. It also helps Im running the platinum material on a curved screen,2.0 gain from Stewart.

·
Registered
980 Posts
This is the best translation I could get of the conclusion paragraph. I also had a good look through the screenshots. It's easy to see that it's a close run thing.

The usefulness of the shoot-out I hope emerge well from this tracking shot of images and impressions. It is discussed of a methodology that, like whatever other test, can put the flank to critics, but obtains always the practical result of to make us see what precisely came proposed on the screen, to appraise the relevant differences between two cars. To my warning it is discussed dell' sole manner to be able really to include it the character, the services and the limits. In this case I am determined highs, and without this match to open face would have been honestly difficult to arrive to describe some enormous lacks. In this case, and I hope it is understood from how much restored, my personal preference goes without except for all'HT3000: but goes also said that likely, dedicandogli a little' of time in more, also the Marantz could reach same services. The Italian car I have seemed plus performante on all of the passages that compongono a' image, therefore, to the end, much more sfruttabile. At any rate l' buyer of these two DLP will go on the secure one: good sight!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts

Quote:

I have a good Ruby but until you see a projector completely lacking any miss convergence you do not know how much it takes away from an even better viewing experience.

Words of wisdom.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.