AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Marantz got out of the projector business. They still supports all of there projectors but will not come out with new models. It's a shame because they sure made great projectors. All of the projectors were made out of Aluminum and not plastic like most you see today so there cost were very high.

From what I understand is that they have no more VP-11s2 in stock but have some VP-15s1 left, that is the reason why the VP-15s1 is still on there website.

·
Registered
Quadruple Stack w/ JVC RS2000/N7| Runco Q750 | DPI M-Vision Cine LED | Benq HT9050
5,803 Posts
Marantz makes great projectors or made them. I have a VP8600 and the sharpness and image is great. I had a panny4000 and my Marantz is so much better when I'm watching sports or any HD cable. Plus, I got it for really cheap.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B /forum/post/19519807

As of 11/3 inventory sheet there are no more projectors--A- or B-stock

The is most unfortunate as my Marantz VP-11S2 was one fantastic projector that I got a great deal of enjoyment from...it is most unfortunate to see another "top quality projector manuafacturer" exit the business as this is how I felt when Yamaha exited...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is so sad
. I was hoping that they would make a 3D DLP projector since they're releasing a 3D Bluray player next month. I still love my VP-11S2 and its razor sharp picture. Would I still be able to buy replacement lamps?

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Wow, terrible. They're a victim of their own success. The 11s2 is the first projector I've never wanted to upgrade or replace....and I've burned through my fair share!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
It's the last PJ I'll ever own as it looks fantastic on a HP screen and I'm not interested in 3D. I'm glad we can still get bulbs, I seem to go through them faster since I got this projector
. I'll be calling AVS next month then a calibrating I will go!!.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I waited for years to build my own, truely dedicated, home theater and when I did in 2003 I selected MArantz equipment. I have a VP12 and even though it is without an HDMI connection, I enjoy it immensely. I really cant bring myself to take to old whopper down and pop for a new one. After paying 12K for it, I want to get all the use that I can out of it.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
This thread is really old...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts