AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the subject projector an would like to know if anyone have a lamp with a few hours left that i can use to check to see if the projector is still operational? I don't want to buy a new lamp and find out it's all for not. I also would like to know if I should send it to marantz for color wheel service and cleaning or is this something that can be done by me with no risk to the color wheel. I've opened projectors before, so it's not a big deal if there's nothing that could go wrong outside of not putting it back together right.

Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know this is a older projector, but there's got to be at least one person that still have one of these hanging around.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Actually might be harder than you think. Usually people only replace their lamps with dead ones, which they unlikely would hang onto (and regardless are, well dead).

I assume your projector is not operational right now? What are the symptoms?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Turk /forum/post/18226477

Actually might be harder than you think. Usually people only replace their lamps with dead ones, which they unlikely would hang onto (and regardless are, well dead).

I assume your projector is not operational right now? What are the symptoms?

The projector needs a lamp, however, i want to make sure nothing else is wrong. I would be happy to get a lamp with 10 or so hours left just to make sure before I buy one from the forum. As far as symptoms, I get the red light which indicates I need a lamp. This projector is going to used for my kids wii system and maybe out door theater.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Yeah that is what I was trying to figure out. Did it work before the lamp went out, or did you take possession of it after the lamp was dead?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After the lamp was dead, but it's from a friend that told me it worked prior to doing dead.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
I gottcha. How much do you trust your friend?
Seriously, I'd bet it is fine if it is from a friend (might be different if you got it on ebay or such).

Unfortunately I looked but I only have new lamps laying around. Sorry!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Given waht I want to use the projector for , is it worth buying a lamp? I also have the mount.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Well assuming it does work (which is pretty safe), then it is a great unit for low $400ish range for Wii. Outdoor might be pushing it if you want a huge screen as it is not super bright.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I gave my friend $300.oo for the projector, so with the lamp price is this still it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts