Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Please refresh my memory on the best way to go about using the VP12-S2 with High Def from a satellite receiver. I seem to recall from the past that RGB was the way to go and yielded better results. Do I need to find a High Def receiver with RGB out in order to get the best results with my VP12-S2? Thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
I just use DVI with my HTPC and a MyHD MDP-120. Excellent PQ - if the source material is of high quality.

Never tried an analog signal...

____

Axel

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds great but I don't use HTPC at the moment. Are there plenty of HD satellite receivers that utilize DVI (or RGB) out there?

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Yes, there are plenty of Sat receivers that use DVI or HDMI (with an adapter). The issue was with using the component inputs on the S2 as they wouldn't allow the full bandwith of an HD signal. Dan Miller himself used a transcoder from a Sat component output and make it RGB. I used to use the RGB out on my Dish 6000... back in the day.

Now, it's DVI with both my Dish 921 and my Denon 5900 DVD.

And, I am still extremely happy everytime I turn the S2 on. I work as a professional director/cameraman, and shoot HD on a daily basis. I look forward to coming home and watching it every day. No upgradeitis here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.