Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the fence between these 3.

The Sim can be had for a good price in the UK (£6000) and has been confirmed to do 48Hz thru DVI but it is not HDCP.

Do you think its conceivable that a DVD player will come out that will strip the HDCP off the DVI port either thru a software or hardware mod?

Also can the Sharp or Marantz do 48Hz thru DVI?

I saw a Marantz on demo and thought it was fantastic although it was only my 2nd ever demo of a projector :eek: (saw sim 200 before)

How is the Sim's 300+ and Sharp's brightness level compared to that of the Marantz?

As far as HD DVD goes are these projectors ready for it?

Help!!! I'm itchin to get one of these puppies. :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Steve,

The Marantz S2 is an incredible projector. I've had one since they came out. And I'm sure as you've read in these threads, It's highly regarded.

1st, there is a DVD player out that will output 720p & 1080i over DVI, it's the Bravo D1 from V inc. Very inexpensive, but looks amazing (easily beats my Panny 91 over Component) There will also be another DVI equipped DVD player (Samsung 931) out sometime before the end of the year.

The one big difference is the Bravo D1 will output 720p and 1080i over DVI to Non-HDCP equipped projectors like the Sim. The rumors are the Samsung will not do that.

As far as HD-DVD, that's still a while away, but most likely, the PJ will have to be HDCP compatible to display the source at full resolution.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well,

Gone and ordered the ZV-10000 due to it's easy accessable adjustments and by the recommendations from Roger and DocDVD's excellent review at digitalaudiovideo dot com and his comments on this forum.

Thanks guys.

Steve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.