AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have received my Marantz VP8600 and I am impressed so far. I dont have a screen yet and the projector is not calibrated and it still looks excellent. I need to ceiling mount the projector and that is where I am confused. I know exactly where my screen is going and have determined the center line. I dont know how to align the projector on this line. Do I center the lense on the line, or do I center the case? I cant find this info in the owners manual, so hopefully someone who has experience with this model can help out.

Thanks-

Joe

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nryde /forum/post/15492008

I have received my Marantz VP8600 and I am impressed so far. I dont have a screen yet and the projector is not calibrated and it still looks excellent. I need to ceiling mount the projector and that is where I am confused. I know exactly where my screen is going and have determined the center line. I dont know how to align the projector on this line. Do I center the lense on the line, or do I center the case? I cant find this info in the owners manual, so hopefully someone who has experience with this model can help out.

Thanks-

Joe

You always center the lens with the center of the screen.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mounted it with the lense centered to the screen and it looks like I am about 4-6 inches off (based on the projected image). Any idea why? I used the string to the corners method to find the centerline and verified this was correct with a tape measure. The lense is centered so why is my image so far off?

Thanks-

Joe

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nryde /forum/post/15494307

I mounted it with the lense centered to the screen and it looks like I am about 4-6 inches off (based on the projected image). Any idea why? I used the string to the corners method to find the centerline and verified this was correct with a tape measure. The lense is centered so why is my image so far off?

Thanks-

Joe

Is the image key-stoned? When looking at the image is the top to bottom height smaller on one side of the screen than the other? If it is then the projector is angled and not square with the screen. You will probably need to reduce the image size so that you can see this since the image will not show up very well on the black border of your screen.

·
Registered
119 Posts
What connection are you using? Just curious as with mine when I first used the component with the xbox360 the image needed to be shifted over to the left horizontaly in the pic adjust menu, the actual panel was fine. I currently have it on a table but it will be ceiling mounted it next weekend.

P

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nryde /forum/post/15494603

Nope image size is fine, its just the position. Lense is centered and the image is not.

If the image is square then go into the menu and shift the image horizontally where it needs to go. You should see a menu that offers horizontal and vertical image adjustment.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I believe it only has vertical shift, no horizontal.

Over 4", I would yaw the pj a little rather than keystone adjust (assuming you can't adjust the pj location)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Using a DVI cable, the picture shift option is greyed out when using this input. It seems strange to me that my image is about 4" off center and the lense offset is 3 10/16". I centered the lense with the screen, it seems like if I had centered the case the image would be centered.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got off the phone with Marantz support and they were not much help. I guess I will pull down the projector tonight and do some experimentation.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I checked my mounting position about 20 times tonight. The lens is lined up with the center of the screen and the projector is square with the screen. Any ideas?

·
Registered
119 Posts
If I get a chance I will take a tape measure tonight and see if my lens is the same way. It's still table topped but the center of the lens to screen rule still applies. I also seem to remember that the horizontal shift is in fact not available on the DVI input as you said. One question, what is your source that is showing 4" off?

P

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think I got it all figured out, I was indeed off. There must have been some stretch in my masons string. I wasnt off by more then 1/2" on the backend.....but it made all the difference.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nryde /forum/post/15494307

Thanks-

Joe

Just out of curiosity, what is the string to corners method. I am going to be mounting mine soon.

Thanks

Greg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts