AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the Marantz SR5006 and the HK 2650 receivers. They appear to have similar features and price. If price and features are a wash, would you choose Marantz or HK? This basically leaves things like sound quality, video quality, quality of parts, reliability, customer service, etc. Thanks!

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonCr /forum/post/20861247

I'm looking at the Marantz SR5006 and the HK 2650 receivers. They appear to have similar features and price. If price and features are a wash, would you choose Marantz or HK? This basically leaves things like sound quality, video quality, quality of parts, reliability, customer service, etc. Thanks!

For reliability, I would pick Marantz. Both are good with customer service. I have owned three HK AVR's and one Marantz. I had to exchange two of the HK AVR's. Currently I own Onkyo, Denon and HK.

·
Registered
29,311 Posts
definitely the Marantz 5006. They don't have the same feature set. The Marantz uses Audyssey MultiEQ XT room calibration while the HK uses their own EZsetEQ which doesn't compare. Not even close.

The Marantz also has preouts for the front left and right speakers, 7.1 analog inputs, and more multizone/speaker A + B options.

HK wants you to add an iPod dock while the Marantz can digital connect thru the front port.

to me its a no brainer to pick the Marantz and I own an older HK receiver.

Marantz also comes with 3 yr warranty while the HK 2 years.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/0

definitely the Marantz 5006. They don't have the same feature set. The Marantz uses Audyssey MultiEQ XT room calibration while the HK uses their own EZsetEQ which doesn't compare. Not even close.

Great info - thanks! I had wondered whether the EZsetEQ was as good as Audyssey.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I think Dolby Volume which HK does use is superior to Audyssey's Dynamic EQ and Volume, but not by much so I would go with the Marantz for the MultEQ XT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.