AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
CounterSpy is fun; I've already beaten it twice and just started an Expert playthrough. It has some limitations, but it's entertaining enough.

OlliOlli 2 was not my kind of thing at all. Hated the controls, deleted it after playing through a couple of levels.

Valiant Hearts is bizarre, and I don't really know what to think of it. The art is really pretty in places. The tone seems all over the place, though -- it's like it's trying to be serious historical fiction, but it conveys this through exaggerated, slapstick cartoons and very gamey puzzle platforming mechanics, which don't seem to go together at all. I'll probably keep playing to see if I can figure out what they were trying to accomplish.

- Jer

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Totally agree Dash. PS+ on the PS3 was worth every penny. It's been pretty worthless so far on the PS4.

PS+ is now required to do anything online, their only freebie offerings are nothing but mostly unheard of indie titles and their PS4 network has proven to be mostly unreliable.

They had promised us and had their opportunity to give us something sort of worthwhile with the PS+ version of DriveClub and even that went down the drain.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
No desire to play any of these games. So tired of all the indie games. Wish they would give us something good.
Totally agree Dash. PS+ on the PS3 was worth every penny. It's been pretty worthless so far on the PS4.

PS+ is now required to do anything online, their only freebie offerings are nothing but mostly unheard of indie titles and their PS4 network has proven to be mostly unreliable.

They had promised us and had their opportunity to give us something sort of worthwhile with the PS+ version of DriveClub and even that went down the drain.
you should really give counterspy a try. It is a deceptive title, but a lot of fun. Found myself playing almost 4hrs when i first tried it.

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Haven't tried OllieOllie yet, but Counterspy is 100% legit.

I've beaten it already and it is one of the most fun indie titles released on PS+ IMHO. The 60s spy vibe, the two-camera play style, the intuitive controls that work well when you get used to 'em... I will look out for the developer's next release to put money in their pocket if it interest me.

I've started Valiant Hearts last night, but since it is a side-scrolling puzzler set in WWI with historical elements, I decided to play through it with my youngest instead of alone. We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
You guys even try the indie stuff or just ignore it cuz its indie? Their mostly good games. Oddworld is an old school one from the good old days. I'm glad Valiant Hearts came to Plus because I've really been wanting to play it. Ill give the others a shot but there's Bloodborne out so won't be for a bit.

Honestly if you haven't been moved to even try Knack or Killzone cheap you probably won't care if its free and most of the third party stuff you've probably already played or wanted to pass on anyway so you may as well at least try these Plus games. Most are actually quite good. Its just too soon to vacate the full game library into Plus games though they could drop one a quarter or something at this point.

I am actually preferring indies to full games on Plus largely because I've only skipped on the Order and the Show but otherwise I've already played or own every first game and the same with a good chunk of third party stuff too. Would rather have new games that I may have otherwise passed on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts