AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the next launch of the PS3 being the European side of the fence, it'd be common sense (easy now) to think that the unit would go out already having the "March" update, no?

Following that line of thought...wouldn't it be safe to say then that the update'd be available to us "early adopters" before then?

-M

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Stringer let slip that the Euro launch will be in april. No exact date. So to me march makes perfect sense for an update still.

·
Registered
810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzzz /forum/post/0

Stringer is also a moron

Sony Europe said launch is still in March...that said I do hope the update will be before the release

Stringer is an smart guy, but he doesnt deal with day to day operations... For him, March 23 is April, which really is anyway...

as to the march update before march - no way. I am software developer and I know how the system works - there is ALWAYS something else to fix, if you have enough time to do it. There is no way for update to go out before that.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
If you got the March update now it would be the January update.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/0

Which March update? The rumored one? There has been no official announcement of any forthcoming updates.

I've seen phil harrison with screenshots of new features supposedly releasing in march. Im at work now but if you google march ps3 update...it pulls bout 3000 spots

·
Registered
658 Posts
Google search...

Quote:
PS3 firmware update reportedly on track for March

Posted Dec 14th 2006 1:14PM by Donald Melanson

Filed under: Gaming

Looks like Sony's going to give European gamers a little treat to try to make up for the long wait they've had to endure to get a PS3 of their own, with the company reportedly set to release the first major firmware update for the PS3 alongside the console's debut in Europe in March (which they're still sticking by). The firmware update has been rumored about before, but has now apparently been confirmed by Phil Harrison himself, speaking at a recent event for the Sony-funded Threespeech blog. Most of the updates revealed at this time look to be centered on the PS3's non-gaming abilities, with new XMB multi-tasking capabilities that'll let you do voice or video chat while you browse the XMB or play games, as well as new audio playback animations, additional photo album features, auto-resume for downloads from the PlayStation Store, and "additional XMB display options" -- exactly what that means, we're not so sure. Those with a PSP will also get a few new tricks, including new Remote Play functionality that'll let you access media stored on your PS3 via any WiFi connection. No word on a fix for the problems with PS1 and PS2 games, though we suppose/hope that could be one of the "additional display options."

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
People shouldn't expect much from the March update otherwise everyone will expect it to do everything including bring you breakfast in bed. The more this gets hyped, the more it will be a let down because it won't do everything that people want it to do and they shouldn't expect it.

·
Registered
59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy* /forum/post/0

I've seen phil harrison with screenshots of new features supposedly releasing in march. Im at work now but if you google march ps3 update...it pulls bout 3000 spots

haha, I can show you powerpoint slides of the "Spring 2006" launch too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.