AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I missed this but does anyone know if the march release-update is just a firmware update or will it include hardware update or include the remote? I just bought the PS3 today have not opened it so I could return if significant changes are made with March release. thanks

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamelover360 /forum/post/0

Heard nothing about that. Just heard a firmare update to address some issues. Doesn't seem like a major update that will allow for background downloading. That's the only real issue I care about.

I do not have the link but I read that the march update WILL allow background downloading! Also, using head set to talk to other players on line.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here are some things the update will do (supposedly):

"Furthermore, the features of this upcoming PS3 firmware are listed down:

Enhanced XMB multi-tasking capabilities.

Additional photo album features.

Auto-resume for downloads from the PlayStation Store

Additional XMB display options.

Additional Remote Play functionality."

Another article of update:

"Multi-tasking (included will be audio/video conferencing while browsing the Cross Media Bar (aka XMB) and its features/gameplay).

* New XMB display options.

* New animations for audio playback.

* New photo album options.

* PlayStation Store auto-resume.

* PSP remote play advanced access option, so you can have access to your PS3's content anywhere where there's an internet connection."

·
Registered
734 Posts
I can't wait for the new animations for audio playback, I hope they are similar to the milkdrop plugin for Winamp.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
To answer your original question. ALL these updates people are talkin about are software updates. No updates at all to the PS3 on the hardware front. Although it would be nice if Sony sent out 1 Million remotes to all of us who already own a PS3...LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.