AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright...I bought one of these to test out....

Everything seems to work fine except...it doesnt seem to want to play in 1024x768 resolution!!!

I'm running in Win2000. Can someone tell me if this is across all platforms (Win95, Win98, etc. etc.) or just Win2000?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I have the Margi card in my Thinkpad running Win98SE.

My notebook's native resolution is 1024x768 and the Margi card works like a champ in that mode.

Sorry I can't give you any help on Win2k but at least this is a data point for you.

Joe

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe. I'm using a Thinkpad 600E. Looks like the limitation is platform specific then. Tried PowerDVD but Margi looks a lot better, except it won't work in 1024x768. :(

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even though I had searched the forum before buying this thingie...thought that I'd ask now anyway (Margi wasn't able to answer this for me).

Has any one tested DTS discs on the Margi card using their deluxe dongle that has the SPDIF DD5.1 out? I wonder if that would allow you to get DTS in bitstream even thought the card itself doesn't decode DTS.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahoo
Thanks Joe. I'm using a Thinkpad 600E. Looks like the limitation is platform specific then. Tried PowerDVD but Margi looks a lot better, except it won't work in 1024x768. :(
My Thinkpad is one of the older 366Mhz Celeron ISeries Models with the 14" Active Matrix Display and the Neomagic graphics.

It did not have enough horsepower to do a good job (stuttered) with the Mediamatics SW player but you are right, the Margi looks a whole lot better.

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.