AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...to get carriage of HDNet, HDNet 2, etc. Plus, Hogan's Heroes in HDTV coming to HDNet? This and more fun stuff in this week's installment of Mark's (Almost) Monday Memo: (TV Engineer, Writer, Consultant, HDTV Maven and my own personal hero, Mark Schubin that is!)

http://www.digitaltelevision.com/mondaymemo/mlist/

·
Premium Member
12,981 Posts
"taking the sports off the current channel" and marketing it makes perfect sense if Mark wants to spread his influence in the HDTV business. I could never, never believe that Mark would put all his future in the DirecTV basket just because DirecTV has a few exclusives with some sports contracts. And, I believe the easiest way for HDNet to broadcast their DD5.1 is to move outside DirecTV and put it on DishNetwork.

HDNet everywhere... its only a matter of time. He ain't goin away! Before the end of NTSC, The name Mark Cuban and HDNet will become as common as Ted Turner and CNN. I predict that!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
My favorite part:

NO copy protection, NO broadcast flag, NO "down-rez" of anything, delivering his own set-top

receivers if there aren't any that will provide programming in the clear

(there have been discussions with Microtune and STMicroelectronics)

Go Mark! How about an HDNet STB, with PVR functionality?

·
Registered
532 Posts
He's my hero! Go Mark!

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Damn. My feature will be shot in HD. I think I need to talk with this guy.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Matt,

You mean Deceptions or Obsessions?:)

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Deceptions. I wish I could spill the beans on what is going on with this, but I don't want to jinx it. :ccol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.