AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
but when I finally go to high end stereo or mono block I am more in favor of Krell then Levinson. The Proceeds and Levinsons for whatever reason are very lacking in the lower nether regions, and it seems apparent from teh smallest AMP5 proceed all that way thru the Levinson line, while the Krells'seem the opposite of the world spectrum on bass.

It is somewhat your speakers combined with preference, but I would not buy either without hearing the other. Best of luck and you know any speaker that cost that much and is that fricken ugly to look at, just has to sound good, lol.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
The 33H is a great amplifier... I often get the chance to listen to them and they have bounds of power.... I don't know what Addicted is talking about but the 33H are defnitely not lacking in the bass region and have superb control. Also, one of the added benefits of the Levinson is that it regenerates its own AC.

At that price, you have many options and a lot comes down to personal preference... including the Halcros, Spectral (need Spectral preamp though), Pass, Theta, Rowland, Boulder, etc...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
currently have an audio research pre amp that i plan to retire

i now play the wadia 861 direct into the power amp

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Consider also: Plinius SA 250 or Innersound ESL. I have the ESL and IMO it would be hard for any amp to surpass in any meaningful way.

Dsmith

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.