AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that there's news of the demise of Proceed, will Mark Levinson build a DVD player from the ground up? Or will they rebadge the PMDT as a Levinson product? My buddy insists that the PMDT is the best DVD player in the world (despite my desires to buy the Krell DVD Standard), but gosh, I'd hate to buy a Proceed now only to have it break (which seems common with that unit) and not have support from Madrigal.

Any rumors or news about upcoming DVD players from Mark Levinson? How about predictions? How much would a Levinson DVD player cost anyways?

Thanks

M

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have heard no rumors, but it would make sense...

I would predict that a DVD player is on the horizon from ML, especially since they have released their HT Pre/Pro. My guess on cost is as good as yours, but I would venture >$7000 based on Krell DVD Standard and Ayre D1x, which would be in its peer group to be sure.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I read a brief blurb that a ML DVD unit would be ready in about a year. (Somewhere on the Audio Revolution site). That was about two months ago.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
If I were to pay that much for a DVD player I would order the Sony Blu Ray recorder from Japan for $4000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.