AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27,416 Posts
Remember years ago when I got blasted here for not riding the wave!

Too bad. I did meet him at an AVS meet.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Remember how many people got blasted for saying stay away from that company !!!

HA !!!! Now what do all you AV123 fanatics have to say.

·
Banned
1,805 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv /forum/post/18248920

I don't consider myself a fan of the company, but I am a fan of their products.

To answer your question, um ... strangely enough, my MFWs still do the same damage they were doing last week ... and two years ago.

I don't see how anything's changed:

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
Gator, I think we are months away from knowing even half the fall-out of the indictment, legal fees and other related issues.

At some point the legal/moral issues may cross paths with the products sold by the company. Ironic that the ~$700 Turbo kit may prevent MFW's from becoming door stops.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilGator /forum/post/18249121

I don't consider myself a fan of the company, but I am a fan of their products.

To answer your question, um ... strangely enough, my MFWs still do the same damage they were doing last week ... and two years ago.

I don't see how anything's changed:

Not everyone has been lucky enough to have a trouble free MFW as you know, and the ones that don't - are basically buggered now...

·
Registered
2,351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv /forum/post/18248920

I've hung my head in shame. Actually, I sold off my last pair of VA321 speakers just 3 weeks ago. Some mysterious message told me to make the sale quick ... and, get out!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy /forum/post/18249325

Ironic that the ~$700 Turbo kit may prevent MFW's from becoming door stops.

And also indirectly the original amps and drivers that will hit the used market once people start to upgrade to the turbo. Might not be a bad idea to grab one if you can find someone that will let it go for a song.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hello,

I actually agree with The Bland et al. For a long time, to speak anything negative of AV123 resulted in Fanboi freakouts. The absence of these super fans does seem conspicuous since MLS has been indicted.

I truly feel terrible for anyone who has Money outstanding for Products that will probably never ship. Or for those who have broken units needing repair.

Cheers,

AD

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* /forum/post/18250175

And also indirectly the original amps and drivers that will hit the used market once people start to upgrade to the turbo. Might not be a bad idea to grab one if you can find someone that will let it go for a song.

That is a very good idea!

If I had one or more of those babies, I would want a back up in the closet "Justin Case".

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
Might not be a bad idea for the prices to drop even further.

·
Registered
27,416 Posts
Strange that the amount of money he was alleged to have skimmed is so small. I was under the impression the guy was pretty well off. $150K? Not a lot of dough. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

It appears there is a black out of news at AV123. Same folks I recall from many years ago are still there.... I wonder what Mark fed those folks. I've never seen such a clamor over a brand of HT equipment. Smart marketing for sure.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
There have been a couple threads about it over there (AV321forum) but they just get deleted... One of the members there had some kind of chat session setup Sunday night for the regulars to vent (I didn't attend...). The forum's been pretty dead, I think a lot of people's illusions were finally shattered.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I don't get the title, did the police take away your subwoofer along with Mark? Was he hiding in your basement?

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonies /forum/post/18252486

i don't get the title, did the police take away your subwoofer along with mark? Was he hiding in your basement?

:d rofl!

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
"Many charities that Mark Schifter said would receive large amounts of donations from his raffles, in fact, received nothing..."

I hope he gets what's coming to him.

·
Registered
15,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland /forum/post/18251080

Strange that the amount of money he was alleged to have skimmed is so small. I was under the impression the guy was pretty well off. $150K? Not a lot of dough. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

It appears there is a black out of news at AV123. Same folks I recall from many years ago are still there.... I wonder what Mark fed those folks. I've never seen such a clamor over a brand of HT equipment. Smart marketing for sure.

THe thing is, he really wasn't that well off but then you'd have to follow the trail of suppliers not being paid, former employees not getting paid, the borrowing from friends and acquaintances and they're not getting paid, the RSL-II beta testers who kicked in $6K each and never saw the product or their money, etc. He lived well at the expense of others. Very well. But he could've been somebody. He could've been a contender.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts