AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me how the ASR works on the Marquee 8000?

Why does the manual direct me to set up the different frequencies and inputs then clear input one and lock it. I have tried this and the ASR works intermittently.

I have quite a few recall memories, such as all the different aspect ratios of DVD's, HBO HD, SHO HD, Discovery HD, ABC HD and so on.

I have the Dish Network 6000 connected to a Quadscan Elite using RGB, Component and S-VHS. Then the Quadscan connected to the CRT using RGB. So I'm only using input 01.

I want the ASR to work so that I don't have to manually change the input recall to match the input signal every time. I don't mind, but it's one extra frustrating step to remember for my Lovely Wife.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Sir

ASR does not work well in the HT environment because it only matches memories with scan rates; if you have several different aspect ratios out of your scaler it will not know which one you intend. Better to turn it off and manage your memory needs and inputs using Channel Numbers; see UTIL 2 and your owner's manual.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not had anybody call me sir in a loooong time. I think I was standing on someone's foot.

You answered my question though. I thought it may be my unit. I have a short description saved for each memory channel. I won't expect ASR to work for me and I'll do it manually from now on.

Thanks Tim

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I often post in hopes Tim will answer.That way I get the correct info from the Guru-The Wizard of Oz,plus that "sir" makes my whole week!:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.