AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend has an 8000 and all was working well until he tried to move it from floor mount to ceiling mount. After it was in place he powered it up and the fans come on but the tubes won't light up. The source hasn't changed and all connections are good. Is there anything (a board) that could have dislogged that would cause this problem?

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
270 Posts
didn't forget about taking off the lens caps did you?

lol

·
Registered
329 Posts
Mark,

Try re-seating your high voltage power supply, (the one next to the LVPS where it plugs in). If that doesn't help, try reseating your horizontal deflection board ( mounted verticaly to the side of the tubes under a metal cover). Let us know if you need more assistance.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
my money's on the HDM, it should be pulled, cleaned and re-seated.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just had the same problem with my 8000 yesterday! Not to say the solution will be the same but you never know. I'm also in the process of ceiling mounting mine and when I flipped the connectors over on the VDM (located on the rear heatsink) I accidently was one pin off on one of my tubes and none of the tubes would power on.

I know you said all the connectors are good but I thought my were as well, it never hurts to check.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello all, and thanks for the replys to date. I just received an email this morning from the owner. Here's what he had to say "I checked the projector last night and when I go to power it up the fans come on but tubes don't and the diagnostics section signals a red light under the "lvps" indicator and the power standby indicator also shows a yellow light".

Any thoughts what may have happened during the moving of the 8000 to cause this to happen?

Mark

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
There are ribbon connectors on circuit boards near the rear heat sink. Those circuit boards

can move slightly, and if they move toward the heat sink, they can short against it and you

will get an LVPS fail indication.

Reseating those connectors fully and using some insulating tape on the exposed solder pins

fixed an identical problem for me.

CJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.