AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just turned on my Marquee 8500 and was tinkering around. I accidently pulled the input board with the projector on. It shut off right away and I put the board back in and turned it back on. Guess what? no pic and I didn't hear that warm reassuring sizzle from the High Voltage. No diagnostic lights at this point. I pulled the HV and put it back in. Turned on to the same problem. I left it on and started writing this post when I heard that wonderful sizzle and thought maybe it was coming back to life. No luck and I now have a H-fail light on the back. A few minutes went by and I heard the sizzle again with no new news. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
I dont think anything bad should happen if the VIM is pulled accidentally, the protection circuits should kick in very fast. Try useing the reset button on the back of the PJ's CLM.

I cant remember if it needs to be on and hit reset or off. try it both ways.

Report back , hope there is nothing damaged.

Athanasios

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried the reset and I still have no pic. I had no H-fail light for about three minutes. It then flickered very quickly for about 15 sec and then went solid red. Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
i wonder if you blew the two fuses on the VIM? Pull out the VIM with the PJ OFF!!!
then if you have a multi meter that has continuity check or just use the ohm meter measure the green fuses near the connector to the backplane, these are the +/- 5 volt rails, if there is no continuity or they read higher than 0-.5 ohms they could have blown. Aslo check the resitors on the -/+ 15 volt rails, just follow the traces tot he resitors near the

connector, i dont have a vim infront of me to tell you the exact resitor numbers.

Athanasios

1 - 4 of 4 Posts