Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

The last few days, my Marquee 8500 started messing up. The screen now scrolls left to right rather quickly (looks like the picture is on a 45 degree angle) and top to bottom very slowly when I turn the projector on. Nothing has changed lately, and it was working just fine prior to this. Does any one know what could be going on?

William

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
The deflection processor board (DPB) is messing up. It's a daughter board on the control module (CLM). If turning the projector off, unplug and wait 15-20 seconds, then turn back on again doesn't fix it you might have to replace the CLM.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
It can also be on the VIM. But before you go there, try another input source and scan rate. Sometimes this happens from a glitch in the memory, but will usually clear itself up once you manually select a different memory...

If not, suspect U41 (sync processor) on the VIM.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help Guys! I'm going to try your suggestions when I get home tonight. I will get back to you with the results.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

Tarnish on a chip socket can do this; try reseating DPB IC U7 and VIM U41 if socketted.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tore into the 8500 last night and it turned out to be the CLM. It wasn't damaged, and all I did to fix it was to clean the entire board with contact cleaner and it fired right up and it's been working ever since... go figure. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.