Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previously posted in the HDTV hardware section, TWICE (oops):

Got my Samnsung HDTV tuner. Works fine outputting 720P to my regular 19" monitor, but the Marquee CRT projector says "v sync out of range," and I get a picture with sever Horizontal hold problems when I hook it up. RGB is selectred on the Samsung, and it's output through the HD15 VGA cable. Is this something to do with the fact that my projector has RGBHV (5 BNCs as a breakout from the VGA?) How do I get this to work? I CAN see the image from the Samsung, but it's all over the place!! Thanks.

When I output 480P, I occasionally get a stable picture, though with a lot of geometry distortion, and it too eventually starts flickering and moving horizontally.

I've been reading threads on here about different RGB syncs, but really don't understand fully.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
800 Posts
Try T-ing together the H and V sync signals using a BNC T connector. I believe that projector will accept composite sync (RGBS) as well as separate sync (RGBHV), and even sync-on-green (RGsB).

I had a similar problem trying to output 720p from a GI HDD-200 decoder to an Electrohome ECP-4100. The T cleared up the problem.

------------------

Ron Gomes

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.