Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

if I power up the machine I hear on the convergence board (no. 50-2230-01P ISS-2 Issue number +10) a swinging like from transformators or coils. Looked at it and wondering. The following transistors are swinging: U700, U800, U900 :confused:

Does this related to the anamorphic mode I made (Changing R704, R804, R904) ? I don't know if the sound was before.

Any ideas?

Any help is appreciate.

Regards,

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Sir

If you changed resistors on the convergence board for anamorphic squeeze---You're on the wrong board! The resistor change is on the vertical sweep board, it is the board behind the blue CRT and has yellow-green wires plugged onto it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tim,

sorry. I took the vertical board! Really. And I mean the transistors on the vertical board! There are only 3 which are placed on the heatsink.

Any idea what it can be.

Furthermore I have a repeating "z" in the background of my green gun if I have no signal on the crt. If I take the internal signal it is gone ( I think so cause I don't see them anymore).

Where does it come from? Grounding issue?

Regards,

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
There are some stand up resistors in the area of the resistor mods. Check to make sure you didn't accidentally lean any of them over to short out their legs together. Also make darn sure you didin't leave any solder splashes anywhere on the board.

Don't have a clue on the "Z"s.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
"Furthermore I have a repeating "z" in the background of my green gun if I have no signal on the crt. If I take the internal signal it is gone ( I think so cause I don't see them anymore).

Where does it come from? Grounding issue?"

Dirk, the "Z" thing is coming from your control module, that is the board on the back of the set with the lights on it. You can try removing that board and placing it on a flat surface and pressing down on the quare plug in IC's. You could either have a loose IC (more likely) or defective control modue.

Mike

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys,

thanks for the answers and help :) . I tried all but nothing happened :( . The transistors U700, U800, U900 swings...and I don't know why :confused: :confused:

There are no standing resistors on my vertical board (50-2330-02P ISS1) and I have no solder splashes or anything like that.

Furthermore I pick up the control module and press every square IC in its place but there is no difference :( .

Could it be the reason that my hvps has a beam current of 4,2mA and not 4,5mA which is normal on the x500-series?

BTW, the "z" is gone if I start the internal test pattern?!

Any other ideas?

Regards,

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys,

here are so many Marquee users. No one has an idea or know the symptoms?

Please help.

Regards,

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Hi Dirk,

Since we're not there by the PJ, and we didn't do the mod, we can only go on history and symptoms. Since you seemed to have no problems before you performed the mod, and all the problems showed up right after the mods, then the only assumption to be made is that either you didn't do it correctly (resistors in the wrong place, or wrong value), or you created an electronic problem during reassembly that's been difficult to spot. At this point, you have no choice but to go back, step by step, and recheck your work, recheck any area around where you were working and any boards you touched in the process, then if necessary, replace the original resistors, reassemble, and see if the problem goes away or stays. If it stays then the failure (or potential problem) is coincidental and might not have anything to do with the mod you performed. Good luck...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.