AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All I am looking for a way to find the center of the tube face on a lc assy. I am doing a tube swap and would like to make sure the magnetics are done 100% before i put it on the cieling. how can i make sure that i have the raster centered correctly on a lc assy? and are 6 pole cpc magnets really necessary?

Thank you all for your help

John

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Hello

The alignments should be done on the ceiling, or terrestrial magnetics will not be accounted for. You can tell centers by looking in the lenses. Six pole magnets help correct for triangular dots if a problem.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand I would like to get it close though on the ground. as to not make myself crazy working over my head

·
Registered
4,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo7869 /forum/post/12899984

I understand I would like to get it close though on the ground. as to not make myself crazy working over my head

Hello

Go ahead; align on the ground, hang it, then tell us what you found after mounting on the ceiling.

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
I'll save him a step. I did that; aligned it on the floor then ceiling mounted it. The only thing I got by setting it up on the floor first was more experience setting it up. I had to start over. It's very surprising how sensitive it is to reversing the earth's magnetic field when you change from floor to ceiling.

Cary

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok Then i will set it up on the cieling. but maybe i should practice first. working overhead stinks thanks to all for the sugestions.

John

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
Actually, unless you've already done this a lot, you WILL save time by doing it once on the floor first. You can get past all that head-scratching stuff while holding your arms over your head if it's ceiling mounted. It'll go easier and faster for you having just done it with it floor mounted. Just be aware that whatever you end up with from the floor setup will have to be thrown out.

If you've already done this enough times that a setup on the floor isn't going to make you any faster at it, then ignore what I said

Cary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts