AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem getting the tubes to light up. I plug in the power to the pj and the standby light comes on I power it up with the wired remote I hear the hv crackle but no light and the clm diag lights are flashing scrolling back and forthe liek knightryder? any ideas would be greatly appreciated. sometimes I get it to not scroll the diag lights but no power light shows on the clm not even the standby light???? I am lost

Thanks to all ahead of time.

John

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Hello

Tarnished connections maybe. Unplug power, wait two minutes and pull out the control board. There should be two circuit boards mounted on it, remove the small screws and lift and remove both boards. The larger board is the deflection processor, note the pins on the bottom that connect it to the control board; clean the pins with denatured alcohol. Locate socketed IC U7 on the DPB. Make an ink mark on the label of U7 so you know where the front edge is. Get a PLCC chip extractor from Radio Shack ($10) and pull U7 and clean the chip socket and the chip edges with alcohol and a toothbrush. Same for control board ICs U16 and U35. Reassemble and try powerup again.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay that was the problem i reseated all of the chips on every board in the projector and all is well now. thank you for your fast reply mush abliged.

John

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it came back but now when i power up the projector no diag lights are lit but i have no light from the tubes the hv does crackle it is a 9500 lc I have tried reseating all boards and componants including the chips on the cards. to no avail any help would be appreciated. Thanks

John

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Hello

Did you clean the connections or just reseat?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went through an cleaned them today and let them dry. I have found one problem that is disterbing if you power on the projector you hear the hv kick in. but no pic if you turn it off and then on right away you will get 3 diag lights error h fail and v fail. so i reseated all and still same thing so i rearranged the wires to make sure hv was sepperate from the rest of the wires. turned it on and it started arching between the top plate on the green housing and the lc chamber. I figured a bad lead i disconnected the green and tried again still arched . I disconnected all but the neckcard wires from the green still same thing I am stuck now.maybe more than one is leaking voltage I will hav to try one at a time and see if the problem still happenes.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know for sure the green lead is bad it has a cut in th insulation I will have to replace it. does anyone have a source for them?

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
I've got them. If you have 3 diagnostic lights on, chances are the VIM went bad when the lead arced. I can repair that as well.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will have to take it appart and give a good cleaning first to access the anode. it will take a while long hours I will contact you curt to let you know what i need

Thanks John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts