Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

as you all know, im more of a sony guy, but i saw something for the 1st time today.

a customer has a marquee 8000 and sometimes the blue gun goes 1/2 brightness for a bit. the tube still displays the picture but just not as brightly. the customer had told me about it before, but finally i saw it myself. i turned the projector off for 1 minute then on again and it did not do it for the next 2 hours i was there. they claim that if they leave it long enough, it sometimes comes back to full brightness all by itself.

any ideas? a known problem? the tubes look relatively new, with no noticeable burn or wear. i tried to re-seat the cards and connectors. i have to go back for some audio stuff in the next weeks, it would be great to fix the projector for them too.

thanks

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Sir

There are multiple possible causes; start with cleaning the VIM backplane and mini coax connectors, this is the board with the RGBHV "01" input connection; also clean with contact cleaner the coax plug and socket on the blue neck board; if no good then you may have a defective blue mini coax cable, try touching up all solder points from VIM to coax line to neck board; if that doesn't work, let me send you a mini coax replacement cable.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you tim!

i will do as you suggest next week when im out there.

for reference, what is the cost of the replacement cable? maybe i should just take one out with me.

thanks

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Say Oscar

It's on me, for a used one anyway, just e.mail me your postal address.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.