AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a very interesting experience last night. Went to local guys house to do the 100 hour final stig+flare adjustemnts. This was a re-tubed 8500 I helped install couple of months ago. Other than raster centering, no yoke alignemnt had been done initially, and just a basic set-up to run the guns and stettle them down.

Well last night on the projected image banding was HORRIBLE, worst i've ever seen. NO, Bow control was never used or adjusted during the inital set-up, so that wasn't it. Color shift was also pretty bad, this was on a painted Goo screen 7 feet wide in a very dark room. The left and right 1/3rd of the screen side was darker than the center of the screen. Well first thing I tried was using the CMB to adjust zone colors. Pumped up the outer sides/quadrants to 75 and center down to 40. Result, colors much more even, almost perfect. The really bizzaro thing was banding completely disappeared :eek: It's not that i'm complaining, never look a gift horse in the mouth right! I would just like to know what the heck happened, how can the CMB add OR remove banding ?

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Say Dragan

Try yanking the CCM board out completely and see what she looks like; do unplug power and wait two minutes before hand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.