AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I messed up the lens flapping on my red CRT and I cannot get it back. It seems that the bolts can alter the focus in the direction that corrects the focus, but not enough to correct it!!!!

I am completely lost and I need HELP!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Hello

M8500 is it? "Reset" the bolts by adjusting for a 17mm air gap between the plate holding the tube and the plate holding the lens, and try again.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Hi Tim, he has a 9500LC. Id help but so far i have only done Scheimfluge on the AC units.

Athanasios

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Tim!

Thank you for the quick reply!

I will ask a friend of mine (who used to work for Sony as a technician) to help me.

He has a lot of experience with CRTs, but is not familiar with the Marquee chassis.

He tried to correct the problem with the technique described in the installation manual, but it seems there is some problem with the 2 lens flapping bolts, and there doesn't seem to be enough of an adjustment. The bolts are too tight on one direction and on the other direction there is very little change and then the bolt loosens completely.

Should we remove the lens completely in order to re-adjust the plate?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashou66 /forum/post/19558256

Hi Tim, he has a 9500LC. Id help but so far i have only done Scheimfluge on the AC units.

Athanasios

Thanasi,

I am using the 8500 at the moment! Your experience is most welcome!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
An update on the situation: everything is fine!

Actually, focus is better than ever before!

Thank you all for all your help!

Nicholas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.