AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, last night I turned on my marque 8000 and I was looking a the front to get the date it was made (oct '04) using a light plugged into the same socket as the projector when suddenly, the light started getting surges of power and scared me so I dropped it. Ofcourse, it broke and the circuit braker tripped and I have glass all over the floor and I'm sitting there thinking, ^*(%$#)@ %(*$#&@ @*(*&!)!%#.... Now when I power up the projector, the LVPS light comes on in the diagnostics panel. I pulled the LVPS today and checked all of the fuses and reseated it but it is still having problems. Could this possibly be a shorted cap inside? Any suggestions?

thanks,

Andy

PS. Will the LVPS fire up out side of the projector? I pulled it out and tried to fire it up and the lights come on for a split second and then everything turns off.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi Andy

Sorry to hear about that mishap. The LEDs on the LVPS will all flash on

very briefly when power is applied. That is normal. If one of them stays

on then there is problem. I never tried powering one up on a bench. I

guess I am used to lesser SWPS's that require a load to operate and

some will self destruct if they do not have proper loading.

As you may know, I have a spare you can borrow to sub. or you

can test yours on my garage setup anytime you want to drop by.

DH

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
I have never serviced these, but I do have spares.

Curt

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I went to Don's this weekend and we tried out my power supply and it was fine. The problem was actually on the vertical board. The blue ramp resister was not making a connection to the ramp pin on the wire harness so we ended up just using a wire to connect them. Then when I got home, my projector would not fire up and had a horizontal and Vertical error lights on. Don just happened to mention that the remote can cause problems because it will short and the projector will not get HV. and that just happened to be the problem.

I'm back in business and let me tell you, the marquee maintenance thread fixes are well worth the trouble and small amount of money.

thanks guys,

Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.