Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,

I got a Marquee 8500 Ultra of the 1999. I know that this series normaly should have the P14 modification, but to be sure I controled it my self.

I found out that the voltage was 3,97v in standby mode and 6,27 in normal mode.

Is it normal?

Secondary i did not found the trimmer for the p14 regulation but i found this board.

Could some one explain me if also this is normal?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Those are good voltages. The board is a regulator that maintains the voltages. No changes necessary, this is good.

--Bill

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
While we're on this topic can anyone tell me what year E-home started installing the better trim pots to control the filament voltage? I have been meaning to send the LVPS out of my 8500 (BD= Sept. 1996) to E-tech but would rather avoid the down-time if possible.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by mp20748
Yep, with that voltage reading you're good.
Ok, but is it normal that a 8500 Ultra of the 1999 have not the trimmer?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
draganm,

I don't think they changed the pots, they just got rid of them for a regulator board. I have no knowledge of specifically when Ehome made that change, but you could always just pull your LVPS out and look. It's a little 2x2 or so board silicon'd in approximately where the pot would be, and right over a section of the pc board that refers to 6.35V in white print.

--Bill

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
thanks Bill, unlike the anamorphic mod to the V-board I haven't read anything that was specific enough (or seen any detailed pics) about what to look for on the LVPS. I will check it though now that I know , 6.35V in white letters should be easy to spot. Does anyone know if the reg. board can be purchased seperately from VDC? I could have the electronics person here at work install that without losing a single weekend of movie action:)

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by fadax
also my Marquee 8500 have the same board but I misure 6.54 V, is good ?

Thank's

Fausto
The problem Marquees (if I remember correctly) are 97 vintage, between about april and november of that year.

Fausto, that is too high - get it turned down to 6.35v, and it's likely that you'll need that LVPS serviced. You are frying your tube heaters at that voltage. If it gets any higher, you won't have a picture much longer.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
draganm,

It's right up close to between the fans. Take a look at lorenzo419's picture earlier in this thread. That's one variation of it, though the one in my LVPS has different components on it.

I'm not aware of separate availability -- that was two companies ago (electrohome->christie->vdc). VDC would be the source now if there is one. Perhaps someone else could jump in and comment on the regulator upgrade for filaments.

Tim Martin's method also works, but it's not regulated, just a replacement potentiometer as far as I know.

--Bill

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by bblue
draganm,

It's right up close to between the fans. Take a look at lorenzo419's picture earlier in this thread. That's one variation of it, though the one in my LVPS has different components on it.

I'm not aware of separate availability -- that was two companies ago (electrohome->christie->vdc). VDC would be the source now if there is one. Perhaps someone else could jump in and comment on the regulator upgrade for filaments.

Tim Martin's method also works, but it's not regulated, just a replacement potentiometer as far as I know.

--Bill
Sorry bill this photo is not of mine but of Fadax one. As we think to have the same problems and no trimmer, but I'm not sure that this little board are the same for me and him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.