AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not something I want to do myself but was wondering if it possible for an unscrupulous seller to do so.

I just bought a marquee and want to be sure about the wear and tear. What's the best way to judge, by looking at the tubes?

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
normally no, you have to know the double secret password protected service code, not the 0901 code but the other one. Only a handfull of old-school techs on this board know it and they won't tell anyone, with good reason. I have owned and operated Marquee's for 3 years and still don't know it, and don't need to know it. What did yuo get, how many hours does it show and what's it like inside. If it shows 900 hours and the inside looks like a coal mine then there's something wrong. :p

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
draganm,

Thanks, it's kind of a relief to know that it's not easy. Purchased a Vision One with 524 hrs on fleabay from a dealer who operates an AV store. Was supposed to pick it up last Thursday but trip got delayed until the 24th. Which is probably why my mind is thinking these paranoid thougts.

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
The secret passcode starts with a 1. There's 6 other digits after it.

Go nuts!

:)

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
And ends with a 5!

David

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Hi Bob,

Can you spell your name Bob?

Starts with a B Bob.

Ends with b Bob.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,Q?

Sorry Bob

Chip

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
THat's an old Cheech and Chong skit.

Hilarious! Just bought 'Up in Smoke' the other day for $9.00. Laughed my bong off!

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
Celebrity Jeopardy:

and now our daily double, is this drink HOT or COLD?

Ricky martin sings the clue:

"WHOOOAWWW!!! This tea is HOT HOT HOT!!!!

WoOOOOW!!! HOT HOT HOT

or cold

HOT HOT HOT!!!!!

or cold"

Trebek: Keanu, is the hot tea hot or cold?

Keanu: "uhhh...... is it..... iced tea?"

Trebek: "No, it's HOT tea!!!"

Keanu: "Then I don't know"

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey, you guys better not give any more clues,

the member with the million monkeys with typewriters in his head will be able to figure it out any time now!

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
I know that password.

Hour reset is NOT in any of the menus you can access from it.

I once ACCIDENTALLY reset a Marquee's hour meter. I took the unit completely apart,

put all the boards away in antistat bags, and when I reassembled the chassis, doing

noise control mods as I went, I discovered that ALL data was gone. Serial number, model

number, hour meter count, everything.

Don't know how I did it.

CJ

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjohnson
I once ACCIDENTALLY reset a Marquee's hour meter. I took the unit completely apart,

put all the boards away in antistat bags, and when I reassembled the chassis, doingnoise control mods as I went, I discovered that ALL data was gone. Serial number, modelnumber, hour meter count, everything.

Don't know how I did it.

CJ
hmmm, sounds like one of the bags wasn't really "anti-static" after all. :D

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hi guys,

Quote:
I know that password.

Hour reset is NOT in any of the menus you can access from it.

CJ
Huh :eek: ? Sure you can reset the hour counter (to zero) with that PW.

Regards,

Reinhard

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Me neither.

You can change the model number and serial number, etc, but no hour meter reset anywhere I can see...

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hi guys,

Quote:
Not on the firmware revisions I have in my machines. I have never found that hour reset option that I can recall.

CJ
It's NOT an hour meter reset per se, but rather an Eeprom wipeout, which also

resets the hour counter (which is why I said reset to zero). It's the menu point

Reset Eprom.

Regards,

Reinhard

·
Registered
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightningman
Hi guys,

It's NOT an hour meter reset per se, but rather an Eeprom wipeout, which also

resets the hour counter (which is why I said reset to zero). It's the menu point

Reset Eprom.

Regards,

Reinhard

Come on people, show a little common sense here. Some information is not meant to be shared. Just mentioning things like this sprout mad buds to grow in unscrupulous individuals. If you know it, keep it to yourself. Just what we need, Ebay ads with "manu in 1998 with only 102 original hours on it". :eek:

Why do the mods delete threads about gamma circuits but leave trash like this fly?

Speaking of deleting, why delete threads after only a couple days? Is the storage space at that much of a premium? Let it go out to 20 pages or so. If you have an important thread that nobody responds to in 3 days and it's gone but threads with nothing but petty remarks (like this one) go on and on and on ad infinitum....

my too scents wurth,

·
Premium Member
16,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grk
Speaking of deleting, why delete threads after only a couple days? Is the storage space at that much of a premium? Let it go out to 20 pages or so. If you have an important thread that nobody responds to in 3 days and it's gone but threads with nothing but petty remarks (like this one) go on and on and on ad infinitum....
The old threads are still there, you can increase the period of time that they're displayed and how many posts are displayed per page.

At the bottom left hand corner of the main forum page:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forum...?s=&forumid=16

you'll see the settings.

The default is 2 weeks.

For example you could change it to a year:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forum...&daysprune=365

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by grk
Come on people, show a little common sense here. Some information is not meant to be shared. Just mentioning things like this sprout mad buds to grow in unscrupulous individuals. If you know it, keep it to yourself. Just what we need, Ebay ads with "manu in 1998 with only 102 original hours on it". :eek:

my too scents wurth,
You have some kind of problem with me or my post? Why don't you PM me?

- I did NOT leave ANYTHING of value.

- I did NOT say how many digits the PW has

- I did NOT say with what it starts or what it ends

- Even if YOU knew the PW, YOU still wouldn't know where and how to enter it

(because it is NOT that simple!)

- Anyone who knows the PW >>should

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.