AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably not a significant issue but I have to ask.

I took off the top cover (bottom cover in my application, actually) on my Maruqee 8000, and I noticed that there's a ground wire hanging loose in the blue CRT section. It's terminated in a ring terminal, but I don't have any clue where it should go to. The connected end is connected to the tube shroud about midway down its length.

Can one of you tell me how many ground wires there should be on the blue tube's shroud assembly and where they should each lead to?

My projector runs just fine. I don't think this is an important issue, but I'd like to tie up this loose wire in any event as I am sure that it COULD short out against some live connection elsewhere. It would be my luck that it would do so.

CJ

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Can't you compare it to red or green?

Sounds like it would connect to the neck board cover at the same point that another one from the rear chassis connects.

--Bill

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Each crt neck board has a white ground wire which usually comes out the top of the neck board case and is screwed down with one of the neck board case closing screws, this neckboard case is usually grounded to the chassis with a woven ground strap. If the wire which is sticking out is black, it should be attached to the neck board itself.

Describe the wire itself, maybe ?

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
CJ, on my M8000, the blue CRT shroud has notches, with wires or bundles leading to the following points:

Starting nearest the lens, and working towards the neck:

High-voltage lead (red)

Horiz. deflection

Focus

Convergence

Vert. deflection

And the metal cover over the neck board has a white wire from within the cage, and a braided lead from the chassis.

I would have to conclude that your wire should be completely within the shroud. You might carefully remove the cover and look, and maybe compare it with another tube, as Bill suggested.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, as I haven't taken mine apart. Maybe Mike or Tim will see this thread and help.

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
Are you talkint about these straps? Sorry, the pic is crusty, but as it shows, they just go on the rear cover under the facade. If you are talking about different wires, you'll have to describe some more?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.