AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find out which of the 2 would be better? They are both ten". The abyss is a newer sub. The Klipsch RSW-10 (older version with no d on the end). I havent' found an article that compared the 2 sub.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Probably neither. What's your budget and room size?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have both. I bought the Klipsch from a friend for $150. I already had the abyss (10"). I'm trying to find out if tuned properly which one would be better. The abyss a 2010 model and the Klipsch is the first rsw-10 - it's old. I have an Onkyo HT-RC180 with dual sub out, I believe they have to the same sub to use both or can I mix and match.

I have vaulted ceilings and it's 20(w) x 15(D) room (I think). I know for sure my room was considered a med size room when I was doing research for room size.

·
Registered
446 Posts
If you already own them, I wouldn't worry about which is better. Set them both up and run them as duals. They can be set up together even if they are not the same sub.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seonds /forum/post/19518463

If you already own them, I wouldn't worry about which is better. Set them both up and run them as duals. They can be set up together even if they are not the same sub.

Thanks... I would have done that from the beginning but I thought they had to be matching subs to have duals. I thought I read that somewhere.

I had to turn down the RSW-10 because it was over powering the abyss. I notice the RSW-10 has a more tighter response and the crossover is better on the abyss. Even with the crossover's set the same, the rsw-10 was off. It couldnt hold down the freq.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
They don't have to match. But it is harder to integrate them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts