AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the final design stages of building a dedicated HT that is approximately 13' Wide by 30' Long. I plan on using ML Fresos for the L, C, R main speakers and Vignettes for the sourounds. Would like opinions related to the Frescos being able to deliver full volume quality sound in a room this size?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockettk /forum/post/0

I am in the final design stages of building a dedicated HT that is approximately 13' Wide by 30' Long. I plan on using ML Fresos for the L, C, R main speakers and Vignettes for the sourounds. Would like opinions related to the Frescos being able to deliver full volume quality sound in a room this size?

In a dedicated theater room I would imagine that speaker size is not necessarily an issue. The ML Frescos are more of a lifestyle speaker for a living room/den. They arent bad speakers just not the most dynamic and definately not something I would recommend for a dedicated theater room. What made you look at those?

Try speakers from Thiel, Dynaudio, Monitor Audio,etc. Preferably floorstanding or LCRs. They all make incredible theater systems. Also you are going to need some decent power to make the speakers sing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks For the reply AA. Main reasons I was thinking ML Frescos were: 1-I have the Vignettes for a 43" Pioneer Plasma in my Great Room and they sound great! I thought the Frescos being larger would also have more punch than the Vignettes, 2-The speakers need to be "On-Walls or In-Walls enclosed. I'm having the room sound isolated, and 3: The shape fits the theme of the room (i.e. Startrek briefing room). Given these considerations, what do you think about Atlantic Technology?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.