AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Logan Product Line Changes?

598 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  blw 
#1 ·
My feeble mind may be losing it. I could swear that recently I came across some information about an upcoming change to the Martin Logan product line; retiring some current products, coming out with new products. If this is so it may be a good time to bargain shop for some of the about-to-be-retired product. If not, it just means that I was hallucinating.

So today I have been surfing around looking for any mention of this potential change, and have come up empty. Does anyone have any info on this? Thanks . . .

#4 ·
I am surprised to hear that the Aeon is being phased out. It just became available here in Canada about 6 months ago.

I bought a pair (along with the Cinema & Scripts) in November ... I love them. I am using them with a Velodyne HGS12 presently, but would like to upgrade to the Descent some time in the future.

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by HiDef Bob
I am surprised to hear that the Aeon is being phased out. It just became available here in Canada about 6 months ago.
I'd be surprised too.

The Aeon is a fairly recent addition to the ML line - essentially replacing the Aerius, which has been phased out.

Perhaps the original poster meant that the Aerius was being phased out.

Dr. Gregory Greenman

Physicist

#6 ·
I'm not sure. But I seriously doubt the AEON is being phased out since its the new replacement fr the Aerius. However, my Martin Logan salesman mentioned to me when I was in talking purchasing the Odysseys is that he's heard that sometime in the next couple of months, ML is coming out with something to replace the Ascent and possibly even a modification to the Odyssey. Basically some new speaker in between the Prodigy and the Aeon. At least that's what was implied to me.

#7 ·
Don't forget that the CLS-IIz has just been discontinued (as of 1-Jan-03), and the Depth just began shipping as of about 1-Dec-02).

My understanding is that the Clarity ($2795/pr) replaces the Aeon (around $3K/pr), which has been out for at least two years now (I auditioned them around May or June 2001, and they were not particularly new at the time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.