AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been considering making my 2.1 system a 3.1 or 5.1 and wanted the electrostitic guys' opnions on what the next upgrades should be. I am TEMPTED to go with the Stage center to go along with my Vantage mains. Thing is, the stage is a pretty large speaker. I would have to wall mount the thing above my plasma or wall mount the plasma and put the center on my plasma stand. Is there really a $1200 difference in sound quality bewteent he ML Stage and the ML Cinema? I havent had a chance to audition the stage center since most stores dont have any. For the rears, would any of you go with Fresco's or would you stay electrostatic and go with Scripts?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
By all accounts that I've heard, the Stage is the wtg. One dealer of many that I spoke with strongly believed that Vantages+Stage was a superior setup to Summits+Cinema. He might have only been thinking in either HT terms or multi-ch music, or both. I use a Fresco-i with Summits for very particular reasons. As always, location being so important, maybe you can get both in your home? If you can actually put the cinema-i in an ideal spot, perhaps the overall compromise is not so great, considering the compromised location for the Stage. If the results are similar, that's a lot of money saved. Otherwise, like I said, its rather a given that the Stage is far superior. More recent posts on the matter:
http://www.martinloganowners.com/~td...ead.php?t=4967

For the surrounds, well that's for you to decide. I went with a much cheaper route here (different brand altogether), but they are only for HT, which I find to be easy as pie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.