AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at changing my speaker setup out of necessity. I currently am running Paradigm Studio 100's with a matching Reference center. My new home has no good place to put a center. I currently have it sitting on the fireplace hearth, well below the tv above the fireplace.

I was considering doing a in-ceiling center above the TV. I was also thinking about doing a wall mountable speaker on the ceiling(not sure how many wall mountable there are that mount on the ceiling). Looking at the Vignettes online it looks like the bracket would mount to the ceiling and be able to swivel. This is just from the user manual as I have not seen it in person.

If anyone has used the Vigenette and let me know if this would work. I am also looking for any other ideas. Such as if you feel like I should stay with a Paradigm center and in-wall VS on-wall. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Any speaker can be mounted any which way with the right mount. Omnimount makes a full line of solutions. I would not buy ML just because it includes a mount. There is no space between the top of the TV and the ceiling? Mounting a small speaker above the TV on the wall angled down toward the user would be the best solution. If free standing, how about a tall stand positioned behind the TV?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is really no room above the tv. Its a 60" plasma above the fireplace. The ceiling are vaulted so I was thinking that angle would help project towards the listening area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.