1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
You'll need to listen to them and pick the ones you like. How did you end up with those two choices?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Klipsch:D

Reactions: highd3f

·
Registered
606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceptorman  /t/1519904/martin-logan-vs-klipsch-floor-standing-speakers-for-front#post_24410719

Klipsch:D

Since the poster in the quote said that, I'll say Martin Logan.

In reality, you're talking two very different speakers. Depending on who you speak to, you'll find advocates for both brands.

Your best option ,and it really is the BEST option, is to go listen to both speakers and see which one " floats your boat" .

Alan

·
Photographer
I have a nice display and a good sound system
17,833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie84  /t/1519904/martin-logan-vs-klipsch-floor-standing-speakers-for-front#post_24409880

MartinLogan - Motion 4 4" Bookshelf Speaker  - Piano Black  vs  Klipsch - Icon 6-1/2" 2-Way Floor Speaker 

I am trying to complete my 5.1 setup but confused whether to go for

4 Martinlogan bookshelf speakers, center channel speaker and sub woofer. (All Martinlogan speakers)

OR

Two klipsch floor standing speakers (Front) and 2 rear klipsch boookshelf speakers, center channel and subwoofer. (All klipsch speakers)

Room size: 25 * 13 ft.

Can someone advise?

You don't have to buy the same brand sub as your speakers, something to keep in mind as you make your decision.

If you watch a lot of movies at high volumes and generally like your music loud, dynamic and punchy then a pair of towers up front will help, regardless of brand. Throw in the higher efficiency of Klipsch speakers (in general) and that's going to be the choice, between those two.

On the other hand, if you generally don't crank the volume very high and you want to save some space, then you'll benefit from the pristine highs created by Martin Logan tweeters—in comparison, Klipsch can sound a bit raw. But make no mistake, the MLs are much more limiting in terms of overall dynamic sound reproduction capability. The Klipsch require 1/4 the power for the same output and handle more power at the same time.

·
Registered
124 Posts
just like everyone else said, you need to listen for yourself to decide. Both have pros/cons. Here are some issues you may want to consider when making your decision:

1) How much space are you willing to allocate? Floor speakers take up a lot of visual space as compared to bookshelf's.

2) are you buying stands for the bookshelf's? if so, did you factor that into your pricing?

Just to add, I actually own those klipsch's, paired with a mirage sub energy CC-10, and cb-10's for surrounds for my 12'x18' room. here are my thoughts:

1) they are big and dominate my viewing area. I like that though

2) They're a little messy towards the low end, so I have my crossover set a little high. (listen to a song like, "Bring me to Life" by evanescence and you can see what I'm talking about)

3) They can get as loud as you need and can create a really wonderful and enveloping field of sound.

4) Adding the Mirage sub made THE difference in making me super happy with this system.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
1st of all ,the thread title is misleading. It makes you assume that they are both floor standing models.. 2nd..How can you even compare the small motion 4's against Klipsch towers? Makes no sense.. I own the motion 4's but use them as height speakers. Your comparing apples to oranges. The Klipsch will have a much bigger sound. Although a much more ear piercing sound,I don't like Klipsch personally.

·
Registered
20,991 Posts

Quote:
1st of all ,the thread title is misleading. It makes you assume that they are both floor standing models.. 2nd..How can you even compare the small motion 4's against Klipsch towers? Makes no sense.. I own the motion 4's but use them as height speakers. Your comparing apples to oranges. The Klipsch will have a much bigger sound. Although a much more ear piercing sound,I don't like Klipsch personally.

I'm also using Motion 4's for heights. For floor standing speakers, try the Martin Logan Motion 40's !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts